Missing the Pearce days

mekonmcfc

I miss the days when the bars on level 1 concourse stayed open all of the 2nd half, and we used to stand there getting pissed in the hope of seeing a goal on the TV's. Much better than this free flowing, expansive, incredibly talented football of today...

joke

I was reminiscing this morning over our ten goals at home season and the fact I missed four of them as I was on holiday for the Arsenal game (Barton pen) and the Fulham game (Barton and a Corradi brace)

The Pink Panther said:
I was reminiscing this morning over our ten goals at home season and the fact I missed four of them as I was on holiday for the Arsenal game (Barton pen) and the Fulham game (Barton and a Corradi brace)

Ha ha, was on holiday for Everton (2-1) and home with a busted foot for Fulham (3-1).

From memory the three against Fulham came in the first 10 minutes. I was laid up at home happy we were winning but so pissed off i wasnt there.

moomba said:
The Pink Panther said:

Ha ha, was on holiday for Everton (2-1) and home with a busted foot for Fulham (3-1).

From memory the three against Fulham came in the first 10 minutes. I was laid up at home happy we were winning but so pissed off i wasnt there.
So to put this in to context you missed half of our goals at home by missing 2 games

FML we were shit, how we were not relegated is amazing

BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:
The Pink Panther said:

So to put this in to context you missed half of our goals at home by missing 2 games

it was the most boring season I can remember, my first game was '75' but that Pearce year took the biscuit

mekonmcfc said:
I miss the days when the bars on level 1 concourse stayed open all of the 2nd half, and we used to stand there getting pissed in the hope of seeing a goal on the TV's. Much better than this free flowing, expansive, incredibly talented football of today...

joke

We mentioned that last night, loads on the concourse's getting pissed as it was better than the shite on the pitch. New Years day that year (2007) was our last league goal at home that season.

mekonmcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:

it was the most boring season I can remember, my first game was '75' but that Pearce year took the biscuit

Unsurprisingly we hold the record still for least home goals. I dont think it will ever be bettered either

BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:
The Pink Panther said:

Mpenza :) We didn't win between New years day and him coming in in March.

This was the first season where I got my first season ticket of my own at the age of 16. It was awful to watch. Was this the season where Michael Ball stood on Ronaldo?

Still, how exciting was the season after with Sven?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.