Missing the Pearce days

And to think that he has been touted as a future England manager!

Met the guy once, along with some other players and staff, after a Div 1 home game against Palace (my Dad's company had done some sponsoring thing). Miserable tosser, he was. Very rude, face like a smacked arse (stark contrast to the likes of Keegan, Horlock and Goater, who were great).

Sacking him was one of the best decision our club has made (which was quite brave considering his popularity in the media at the time).

mcfc_ms said:
Still, how exciting was the season after with Sven?!
For the first half, yeah! I think people forget how bad we were in the second half of that season, once the honeymoon period had worn off and the likes of Bianchi seemed to disappear. Relegation form masked by our brilliant first half of the season.

che_don_john said:
And to think that he has been touted as a future England manager!

Met the guy once, along with some other players and staff, after a Div 1 home game against Palace (my Dad's company had done some sponsoring thing). Miserable tosser, he was. Very rude, face like a smacked arse (stark contrast to the likes of Keegan, Horlock and Goater, who were great).

Sacking him was one of the best decision our club has made (which was quite brave considering his popularity in the media at the time).

mcfc_ms said:
Still, how exciting was the season after with Sven?!
For the first half, yeah! I think people forget how bad we were in the second half of that season, once the honeymoon period had worn off and the likes of Bianchi seemed to disappear. Relegation form masked by our brilliant first half of the season.
Sven got way too much leniency from the fans. If he had stayed I feel we would of been looking at relegation problems the next season, obviously we then got lucky and there was no chance we would get relegated. Irelands tale of people laughing in the dressing room after the Middlesbrough defeat spoke loudly about how much Sven had lost the players

In just six years we have gone from breaking the record for the least number of home goals in a season to hopefully breaking the record for the most number. That's pretty incredible.

beanie.ashx

mekonmcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:
Ha ha, was on holiday for Everton (2-1) and home with a busted foot for Fulham (3-1).

From memory the three against Fulham came in the first 10 minutes. I was laid up at home happy we were winning but so pissed off i wasnt there.
So to put this in to context you missed half of our goals at home by missing 2 games

FML we were shit, how we were not relegated is amazing

it was the most boring season I can remember, my first game was '75' but that Pearce year took the biscuit
Pearce almost made me give up my season ticket. The only way I could keep watching City was to go to Leeds on a Friday night to watch Rhino's and then treat the following Saturday home match as a form or penance! Got so bad in 2007 that I bought my first Rhino season ticket and was very tempted not to renew. Not even Peter Swales had ever got me that close before! Mind you the I was luck enough to watch 5 live Superleague victories at the Swamp which I now view as a decent rugby League Ground.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
moomba said:
The Pink Panther said:
I was reminiscing this morning over our ten goals at home season and the fact I missed four of them as I was on holiday for the Arsenal game (Barton pen) and the Fulham game (Barton and a Corradi brace)

Ha ha, was on holiday for Everton (2-1) and home with a busted foot for Fulham (3-1).

From memory the three against Fulham came in the first 10 minutes. I was laid up at home happy we were winning but so pissed off i wasnt there.
So to put this in to context you missed half of our goals at home by missing 2 games

FML we were shit, how we were not relegated is amazing

We were quite fortunate not to be relegated: we had a season long run of relegation form (i.e. less than 40 points from 38 consecutive league games) but fortunately, it encompassed part of two seasons.

I have just gotten a DVD recorder and I was so excited that I could put City games on DVD. Now, somewhere in a closet I must have 40 or so 0-0 draws that I'll never watch again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.