Missing the Pearce days

We were never good enough to finish higher than midtable anyway. We did have some good results against the rags and spuds but dropped points against the likes of Reading and Derby which was shocking for our standard that year. I'll still never get my head around that 8-1 against Boro and i sometimes wake up sweating thinking about it.
I've always thought the players downed tools as a protest in the Boro match.
Even Dunney got himself sent off.
Protesting against Sven, as looked like they'd had enough of him and that would be the nail in the coffin.
Players downing tools never ends well.

My first visit to the Etihad was back in November 2005. (Actually the day that Keane walked out on united. I figured that there was only room for one awkward fucker from Cork in Manchester...:)) The match was against Blackburn who were managed by Leslie Hughes. Not surprisingly, it finished 0-0 in one of the most God-awful turgid matches that I have ever seen. The biggest cheer was for Pearce throwing the ball at a Blackburn player at a throw-in iirc.

I didn't mind. I met loads of good peeps from the old TalkinCity site and we drank the night away. Quite a few back in my hotel due to my resident status...:) Great weekend but the football was fucking awful.

Fully remember the time when Micah Richards scored his first goal in injury time to send us to a replay in the FA cup away at aston villa. Lad swore in his interview as well if i remember.

Long story but bear with...
I was due on a night shift at 22:00 on that night, no BT, no talkshite or BBC, I had the City commentary but silenced it after Rodri's goal due to nerves, just checking the text updates while busying myself around the house washing up etc....
Anyway, soon as the whistle went I had to leg it, straight to the car & in luckily just a mile away & caught the talkshite sum up... honestly you'd have thought we'd lost. Couldn't understand initially as thought it was matterface who would enthuse professionally but quickly recognised tyldsely & thought, eh? He sounded genuinely gutted trying to force some prepared winners routine through gritted teeth before handing to Pearce who sounded like his dog died & all he could offer was along the linesof'well they didn't play well'. Immediately after Adran Durham came on with his prepared end of match bit, sounded like it meant something to him personally but also & wanted to convey the situation to listeners regardless. There was a post on another thread showing the video of their commentary & you can see Durham punching the air on final whistle, Pearce & Tyld like they'd shat themselves.
Hearing first then seeing the absolute state of that pair & credit as ever to Adrian Durham for persistently not towing the editorial line & saying asit is.
My wider point being, Pearce remains a City pundit through association despite his universally terrible record at everything post playing so I particularly enjoy the evisceration given in this thread.

Enjoy your summer Blues...
Yeah I saw that footage, Pearce didn’t flinch. What a twat, how many years did he spend here? Mystifying really. Durham was buzzing

Those fans who started supporting us when Pearce was in charge were completely nuts and anti football. They’ve probably moved on to find their next fix and now follow the rags

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.