Misunderstood booing at half time..

I listened to it on 5Live and (I'm pretty sure it was Alan Brazil) rightly pointed out to whom the boos were directed, because it wasn't at all obvious from the commentary that the ref had given away so many bad decisions.

CTID Chris said:
I highly doubt every booing city fan was booing the ref.

When I heard it, I was thinking it was either fans booing the ref or a portion of our moronic 'support' booing the team like they regularly did early on last season.

Of course they were booing the ref. I thought at the time "oh no hear we go, someone is going to report fans were booing the team off". Thought City fans would understand it was for the ref.

The most observant may have noted that while there may have been boos at each of the whistles, they got conspicuously louder as the ref and linesmen (the last to get off the pitch) were about to enter the tunnel. No one was booing our players.

I sit next to the tunnell, if any1 noticed the ref was last off(needing his linesmen) we all clapped the team off whilst booing the ref) all the media are directly behind us so don't know how any confusion? maybe just winding things up!

Bluearmy said:
CTID Chris said:

When I heard it, I was thinking it was either fans booing the ref or a portion of our moronic 'support' booing the team like they regularly did early on last season.

Every city fan near me in the south stand was booing the ref, after a terrible performance during the first half....

He wouldn't have got booed had he just been terrible. He was worse than putrid.

Its very strange... but as a fan it wasnt hard to understand the direction of the booos.... but i can def. understand if it was misunderstood... watching the tunnel cam it still is easy to misunderstand the boos... I just wish noone was booing at the matches instead try to cheer the team on!! That can never be misunderstood!

pedigreeblue said:
I was just speaking to a mate who listened to Saturdays game on the radio in Ireland, he happened to mention how harsh he thought the City fans where for booing the team off at half time, a point he said the Radio pundits also highlighted. Now we all know the ref was the target, but i wonder if other listeners around the World or even some of our players made the same mistake as our Irish cousins ?

Everyone said that we where boing the players..

CTID Chris said:

No. We were all booing the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.