MJ Starts for the EDS Tonight

Forget Johnson. I see more potential in Abdul Razak in midfield he certainly looks like he might be a future first team potential prospect. At the rate Johnson's going he might be ready for the start of next season. However, he's either been told to hold back by the staff or if not he's just coasting.

Having watched the reserves tonight,Johno is a million miles away from fitness.
We were playing Bury's kids and bar 1 pass,he was anonymous
I fear the worse,for his future at City or indeed in the game.
It reminds me very much of the Colin Bell,Paul Lake scenarios

Pubteam Lomas said:
went along to tonights game. Weather was dreadful.
Thought Johno did well, strolled through and looked like a player that has been there and done it, although he's well short of match practice and a 'lung bursting run' is about 10 metres at the moment!
Guidetti is a strange one for me. He's arrogant, greedy and unlikely to pass when there's a sight of goal, no matter whether other players are better placed. But the simple fact is, he scores goals.
Can he do it in the prem? Im unsure, cos he's not the quickest. Needs to go back on loan to another championship club and prove himself more for me .

or needs to stop thinking he's Carlos Tevez?

Believe me guidetti knows how to set up teammates when he was on loan to BP in Swedish first league he assisted more goals than he scored himself.

The reason hes maybe selfish in EDS is beacuse hes desperate to convince mancini hes the real deal!

Hes going to be a star no matter what and if Mancini dont give him the chance this season hes out in the summer for sure.

Hes not arrogant, but he got a Very Big confidence. The confidence u need if u want to be a world class player.

Ireland8989 said:
Believe me guidetti knows how to set up teammates when he was on loan to BP in Swedish first league he assisted more goals than he scored himself.

The reason hes maybe selfish in EDS is beacuse hes desperate to convince mancini hes the real deal!

Hes going to be a star no matter what and if Mancini dont give him the chance this season hes out in the summer for sure.

Hes not arrogant, but he got a Very Big confidence. The confidence u need if u want to be a world class player.

it's a fine line, but he needs to understand that he needs to commit to us before we commit to him. Keeping him out of the public eye is going to be the policy because we don't want any interest in him from a club that can entice him away. If lower Championship or foreign clubs end up being the only ones interested, then he'd probably stay. If we play him and he delivers a la Sturridge then a big club comes in and we lose out(though the circumstances were slightly different with Daniel). We won't make the same mistake twice. If Guidetti put his pen to the contract and signed I think he would get games, and not only that but he keeps developing at a great club, gets wiser to the world and the game and if he impresses would either be a first teamer here or would then get a big move. He could end up getting a move now too young and it end up not working and he sit in the reserves somewhere else.

Pubteam Lomas said:
Guidetti is a strange one for me. He's arrogant, greedy and unlikely to pass when there's a sight of goal, no matter whether other players are better placed. But the simple fact is, he scores goals.
Can he do it in the prem? Im unsure, cos he's not the quickest. Needs to go back on loan to another championship club and prove himself more for me .

this sounds a lot like our favourite argentinian to me! hope he gets some game time soon, really excited about him!
i don't think we can send him on loan for two reasons;
if we do then he'll probably just leave on a free at the end of the season
if jo gets in the team again there will be a riot
i don't want to start another jo bashing but surely it's got to be better for the team in the long (and short) run to play guidetti ahead of jo.

it's a fine line, but he needs to understand that he needs to commit to us before we commit to him. Keeping him out of the public eye is going to be the policy because we don't want any interest in him from a club that can entice him away. If lower Championship or foreign clubs end up being the only ones interested, then he'd probably stay. If we play him and he delivers a la Sturridge then a big club comes in and we lose out(though the circumstances were slightly different with Daniel). We won't make the same mistake twice. If Guidetti put his pen to the contract and signed I think he would get games, and not only that but he keeps developing at a great club, gets wiser to the world and the game and if he impresses would either be a first teamer here or would then get a big move. He could end up getting a move now too young and it end up not working and he sit in the reserves somewhere else.

Two pointers;
To be fair JG has been with us since he was 15, improving all along.
In my book thats committing, wanting to break into firstteam.

He really is in the public eye already. Last week at Hyde for instance there were loads of agents from other clubs watching. With loads I mean 30+.
It must be confusing for a young lad when so many clubs want to sign him. But I heard his highest wish was to stay with City. The opportunity to play and train daily with some of the best players in the world is just mindblowing.

ograset said:
Two pointers;
To be fair JG has been with us since he was 15, improving all along.
In my book thats committing, wanting to break into firstteam.

He really is in the public eye already. Last week at Hyde for instance there were loads of agents from other clubs watching. With loads I mean 30+.
It must be confusing for a young lad when so many clubs want to sign him. But I heard his highest wish was to stay with City. The opportunity to play and train daily with some of the best players in the world is just mindblowing.
Hi John, just sign a new contract please :o)

hehe
Im not him (wish I was tho, sunnies on and fng future looks bright). FanzoneDanny can verify if I say "Hey Danny, you nailed that one!" from yesterday. :)

CheadleBlue said:
Forget Johnson. I see more potential in Abdul Razak in midfield he certainly looks like he might be a future first team potential prospect. At the rate Johnson's going he might be ready for the start of next season. However, he's either been told to hold back by the staff or if not he's just coasting.

good call, looks like mancini agrees, do u know anymore about this lad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.