Mohamed Al Fayed

Another example of money and power allowing a perverts paradise to exist in the UK.
And the poor victims who thought if they told anybody what had happened to them at the hands of these rich and powerful men that nobody would believe them.
And it’s odds on it’s still happening now.
Is it, or it another example of money and power meaning trial by social media rather than by jury. I've no idea of the truth or otherwise behind these allegations but it does seem that if you are a) rich, and b) dead, you are automatically guilty in the high court of social media justice.

Is it, or it another example of money and power meaning trial by social media rather than by jury. I've no idea of the truth or otherwise behind these allegations but it does seem that if you are a) rich, and b) dead, you are automatically guilty in the high court of social media justice.
Bollocks. It's in the news because journalists, free of the threat of libel laws, were willing to do the sort of investigation that the criminal justice system shied away from when it actually mattered. They are the ones that have brought all of these victims together to tell their story, not the promise of a pay day.

But as always, whenever someone is accused of rape, there will be multiple apologists out to defend the man's honour and cast unfounded aspersions about the motives of the women involved. Very rarely seem to have a conviction for wrongful accusations to back it up though.

Now that is verging on the ridiculous !!
Whether the gynae test is true or not, and I don't think it's ever been confirmed anyway, Diana was considered to be "safe" and possibly a virgin because there were no known previous boyfriends. That may have been enough. Plus she was"aristocratic" and that mattered too.

Considering Camilla was 58 and had given birth to 2 children (to a Roman Catholic no less) then I'm pretty sure any assault on her under carriage wasn't necessary ;-)

Times had moved on, and rightly so.

Bollocks. It's in the news because journalists, free of the threat of libel laws, were willing to do the sort of investigation that the criminal justice system shied away from when it actually mattered. They are the ones that have brought all of these victims together to tell their story, not the promise of a pay day.

But as always, whenever someone is accused of rape, there will be multiple apologists out to defend the man's honour and cast unfounded aspersions about the motives of the women involved. Very rarely seem to have a conviction for wrongful accusations to back it up though.
There is a reason we have a legal system and don't just rely on journalists. There is of course a proud history of journalism leading to prosecutions and legal actions but journalism alone isn't (or shouldn't be) the route to establishing guilt.
I'm not saying Fayed is innocent (or saville or prince Andrew for that matter) but just pointing out that we are becoming accepting of a type of trial by the mob. And yes, it is frustrating that you can't really put dead people on trial.

There is a reason we have a legal system and don't just rely on journalists. There is of course a proud history of journalism leading to prosecutions and legal actions but journalism alone isn't (or shouldn't be) the route to establishing guilt.
I'm not saying Fayed is innocent (or saville or prince Andrew for that matter) but just pointing out that we are becoming accepting of a type of trial by the mob. And yes, it is frustrating that you can't really put dead people on trial.

He left a £1.7 billion estate. As much of it was tied up in trusts and to be divided between his four surviving children and 2nd wife, I doubt that has been resolved since he died last year.

That's a big pot of gold for the victims to go after.

He left a £1.7 billion estate. As much of it was tied up in trusts and to be divided between his four surviving children and 2nd wife, I doubt that has been resolved since he died last year.

That's a big pot of gold for the victims to go after.
I thought it quite telling what one of the lawyers said, that each alleged victim has their own story and how they want it handled. He said some will want to go public and some just want to forget it all, but each one is different.
I'm aware it was lawyers yapping but that had more than a few grains of truth to me.
I thought Fayed's death must have been a massive relief for most of them, but some apparently wept that they then knew it was over for ever seeing him in court

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.