Moment(s) of the season

Chelsea, 0-1, KDB’s goal against a team that harmed his career and reputation, and the total domination of the Champions on their own patch.

Pep’s City had arrived.

Impossible task to choose one moment, how can you when we have done the double over Chavs, Spuds and Arsenal, beaten the Rags at the Swamp comprehensively and put 5 past the dippers at home. Add in masterclass football against Watford, Stoke, Leicester, Napoli, Feyenord and many others. How can you choose?
Ok then. Kev's pass to Leroy against Stoke. I sit in 101 and thought he had simply passed the ball out of play. When Leroy scored I laughed and shook my head, along with most around me. Just wonderful.

Depends how you look at it. Sterling goal at Bournemouth for me was huge as it started our run and had we not won there we would have had one win out of our first three games. Then you have the Southampton/Huddersfield/West Ham period with late winners.

As a performance it is the Chelsea game, the first game where I thought we looked the real deal.

The 5 biggest moments for me were:

1) Everton (H) - cominig back with ten men and putting in such a top second half performance showed the quality and determination in the side.

2) Bournemouth (A) - winning right at the death. The celebrations proved just how much it meant and it was a massive sign of togetherness with both the players and fans.

3) Chelsea (A) - beating the champions in their own backyard with such a dominant performance. KDB proving he's the best in the league.

4) Southampton (H) - an absolutely pivotal moment with the belief that Sterling's goal gave us.

5) United (A) - going 11 clear. Bossing them on their own turf. The gulf in class that day was there for all to see.

There are so many moments of the season, I'm not sure what to pick.

Edit: Well, I'll pick the one I enjoyed the most - keeping the ball at the corner flag for 3 minutes at OT.

Last edited:
Sterling goal against Southampton (closest feeling and scenes to the Aguero goal experienced since) and the performance at Chelsea. Going to the home of the champions and beating them into submission, I think, rubber-stamped up as the real deal. At 1-0 down at into the last minute, Chelsea had no desire to push for an equaliser; they just wanted the suffering to end.

There are so many moments of the season, I'm not sure what to pick.

Edit: Well, I'll pick the one I enjoyed the most - keeping the ball at the corner flag for 3 minutes at OT.
Mine too! Weird isn't it? All that beautiful football and the first thing that sprung to my mind was us repeatedly booting the ball against the shins of united players and winning throw ins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.