Monaco - Post Match thread.

Are you genuinely reading impaired?

Who compared that?

When Arsenal fuck up, we laugh at Wenger. When any team does, we laugh and point blame at their manager.

When we fuck up, Pep did nothing wrong.

theres a bit of a difference, its peps first season with a team that isn't really his. arsenal fail every year pretty much and have done for the last 10 years or so. criticize pep all we want, but there shouldnt be any comparison to wenger

Oh shut up. He gave a free kick away 50 yards from goal.
Which we utterly pathetically decided to play high on, and make it a semi goalscoring chance

Stones was the reason we dominated for half an hour second half, he was magnificent bringing the ball out from the back

The manager and the senior players carry the can for this, they bottled it yet again. A new era awaits with this manager probably, but certainly with some of these younger players; with Stones captaining off the back of his dominance in the second half today.
Yep, stones is one of the only city players that can come out of that with no blame on his shoulders. He's hit and miss but was fine tonight.

That hurt. Totally shite in 1st half, second half we made a go of it, just. KDB didn't seem interested in first half, in fact, none of 'em did. Should've brought yaya on for Dinho at start of second...Ah well, just the FA cup to look forward to,oh, and scourers, arse n chavs. Can't wait for next season. Onwards n upwards. CTID.

Becoming deja vu mate. Gets to March/April and we can't wait for the next season.

I think it's very easy to blame the tactics with hindsight but there's plenty of people on here who've been saying for weeks that attack attack attack is the best we can go with given our squad at the moment. I nearly had a heart attack when i saw the team he picked against spurs but it was potentially the best we've played all season. Our game changing players just didn't show up tonight at all. Also, yeah it does seem a bit weird to think Kolarov is deemed our best option alongside Stones for a match like this, but its a moot point as he definitely wasn't a weak link tonight.

True - but don't forget we had something to protect out there tonight. I stand by the point that dropping Yaya was a ridiculous move by pep and i'm sure he regrets it - especially considering how poorly Fernandinho and KDB have been recently.

It really was a shit night, but as others have said this City side had no chance of winning the CL with the state of our defence. It needs sorting out big time.

As far as summaries go, that pretty much hits the nail on the head.
If he could see they weren't there in the first half then why didn't he make any tactical changes or subs in the first half. That was one of Bobby's good points, he wasn't afraid to make early subs if it wasn't working Pep waited until 83 mins

Yes, on a tiebreaker. When would you ever go into a tie and say "I think we'll be fine conceding six, just make sure it isn't 7"? I'm talking about the odds of advancing. One team has to advance, so you are correct, they did.

Gutless in the first half, a lot better in the second but overall we didn't do enough on the night. Very frustrating.

De Bruyne a 'disgrace', my arse. If Sterling didn't needlesly dick around after his wonderful through ball and we wouldn't have conceded their third, everyone would be raving. He's having a bad spell, but gave it all in the second (as did everyone) and Pep's switch to get him in front of the defence worked well in general I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.