Monaco - Post Match thread.

Are we going full out attack v Liverpool & Arsenal in the semi, can't wait to see us miss our chance while they waltz through our non existant defence.

We are usually very good at defending set pieces but it's was just one of them games.

The real issue was the inability to take our chances. Sadly it's been a familiar story this season.

That said, an FA Cup semi final to look forward to and the knowledge that the deadwood will soon be gone out of this side is more than enough to get excited about.

What chances - we didn't have a goal attempt for 55 minutes .

Sterling when he ended up turning away from goal

Shinner by Aguero

One on one with Aguero

Each one was an excellent chance. It doesn't matter if they were post 55th mine, or around 20th minute. They were still missed golden opportunities.

Who says they're the weakest team apart from Leicester? They look a pretty decent side to me. Gave Spurs a torrid time and they're above PSG. Let's see how they do in the next round. They clearly have weaknesses at the back but they're a massive handful going forward and i don't think anyone would fancy playing them.

Agreed, I suspect none of the teams left in it would fancy Monaco. Mind you I suspect we would have gone out in the next round with our defence....

First half very poor.....second half very good and totally dominated Monaco. We all know that our defence is not good enough and hopefully will be sorted in the summer.

Disappointed yes. disaster - no. My fault i know, but ive brought all my kids up to be blues. My oldest son ( 17 ) is autistic and has just destroyed his bedroom in a fit of unquelable rage. While i understand his condition ( all too well ) i have spent the last half hour explaining that he is so fortunate to see the football he does compared to my baron years ( 77 onwards ) of being a blue. Think some of the players let Pep down today. That said we ARE turning the corner and this, however hard it may be to take right now is a learning curve. We get the TEAM he wants next season and beyond and we will go from strength to strength . So head up blues - we go again CTID - i know some will disagree - but as the Mrs is in bed - i need to share my drunken rumblings with you lot .

Reading some posts on here is sad. You have to give a young Monaco team credit for pressing us in the first half. Yes we didn't turn up until the second half but at this level there are times when you are second best, that is when you dig in and give nothing away. In that first half it was the first time in six years I saw David not wanting the ball. That said the reason we lost is two-fold - 1. We missed two clear chances to score which would have effected their game no end. Did you here how tense and quiet the crowd went around the time we scored. 2. Our two fullbacks cannot defend to save their lives. Sagna couldn't get near to stop the crosses which led to two of their goals. Plus both fullbacks can't cross with the pace of Mendy and are so slow going forward it's embarrassing. I have been banging on all year that if we had the two Monaco fullbacks and a fit Jesus we would have walked the PL and probably got to the CL final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.