Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

Still buzzing from last night after the way it turned out.

City come back to win in in style.

Sevilla beat Juve, meaning city finish top.

Meanwhile united went from going into the last 16 of the competition to being knocked out in about 3 minutes.

Role on the next draw! I'm just glad it looks like a totally new team that we haven't played before. Even if we get PSG its a better draw than Barcelona.

As i said `miserable twat`

Dismal Dave doesn't like noise in the stadium. When a group was getting together to create a singing section he was against it in case of drums etc. He's this forums Victor Meldrew.

Had I not been a City fan I think last night would just have been one of the best games I had seen in many a year. City were good with the ball and attacked with purpose and invention. I had been into town on Monday morning and seen lots of Borussia fans having their photos taken at the City shop and the markets. They were all good natured and intent on enjoying themselves - they didn't disappoint at the ground and contributed greatly to the atmosphere. We saw in the first hour of the game in Germany that their team plays a very intelligent passing game very well and they have been in fine form since we beat them. Their win against Bayern on Saturday was a warning of how good they can be. The first half last night showed how uncertain we can be at the back when our CBs don't have clearly identifiable strikers to mark. Playing three at the back gave Borussia an extra man in midfield to add to their "missing" strikers but, boy, did they know how to use their extra bodies. By half time they were in the lead, were the better team and I was more worried than ever. Vinnie seems to sniff out where the danger will develop and snuff it out before it really materialises and we had no-one to do that last night.

I'm not sure what happened in the second half. We kept the ball better as Pellers said but it was more than that. We simple seemed to know what we were doing and to do it with real energy and dynamism. In the first half it had reminded me very much of the game with Barcelona when we had spent the first half standing off them almost giving them 2 or 3 yards so we could admire their passing or somehow managing to let the get goal side in our third. Last night they equalised by moving the ball virtually the length of the field without a City player getting within 3 yards of the ball and then took the lead by making 3 "passes" in our area without any City player getting near! In the second half it was completely different as City hunted the ball with purpose, kept possession much better and used the ball more quickly. We have seen this before - City seem to pull other sides all over the place, but a goal doesn't come - until their will is broken and they run out of steam. And then City score..and score again...and again.

This was no rolling over of a poor German team who were the whipping boys of the group. Borussia were on a 12 (?) match unbeaten run, and they've played Dortmund and Munich in that run, drawn twice with Juve and beaten Sevilla comfortably. The ONLY team their manager has lost to is City! This was the most competitive group in the CL and City have done very well to finish top. We haven't been brilliant all through by any means. We had a dominant last half hour in Germany, we fished a win out of a poor evening at home to Sevilla, gave our best performance by a mile in Seville and gave a rousing performance in the second half last night - but that was enough to win us the group deservedly. We need to tighten up for the last 16 and the later stages and get our walking wounded back but we have shown what we can do even when crossing a difficult period. Maybe Manuel can find out now how the hell we could play like we did in Stoke!!!

Skint at the minute and had planned to go to this game as knew it'd go to the wire, but couldn't afford it. Gutted I didn't go.

Ended up watching on an online stream and it cut out on 75 mins when we were applying all that pressure. Was 1-2 at the time, missed it all and was 4-2 when I got online again. Possibly the best 10 mins of our season with what happened to United and Juve too and I missed it...

Moral of story, don't not go to games, or go to the pub to watch it next time!

Well done. We did each other a favour last night. I was at the Sevilla v Juve game and have to say the biggest cheer of the night was when you equalised.

Another tale of two halves, all over the place, 2-1 down and heads were dropping at half time. No-one can really argue that Pellegrini does seem to do something at half time which gets the lads going. Afterwards we dominated and got what we deserved, it is concerning how wasteful we were but still we got the win and that is all that matters.

Another tale of two halves, all over the place, 2-1 down and heads were dropping at half time. No-one can really argue that Pellegrini does seem to do something at half time which gets the lads going. Afterwards we dominated and got what we deserved, it is concerning how wasteful we were but still we got the win and that is all that matters.
I thought we didnt deserve to be losing at half time and dont buy all this borussia were the better side , Id say watch that game again and dont listen to francis and his sidekick and all their negativity , we wernt as bad as they and others were making out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.