Monchengladbach post match (top of the group)

The MGB fans were certainly impressive but I was in no way embarrassed. Although it makes them noisy and entertaining, I find all the choreographed singing along to the drums and organised jumping a bit artificial. It seemed more important to them to do this than actually react to what was happening on the pitch. It seemed that the noise level barely changed when they scored and a goal seemed a bit of a rude interruption to their orchestrated performance. It was all very German.

I'd rather we made a noise that reflected what was happening on the pitch but it would be good if the whole stadium joined in sometimes.

Sums up exactly what I think too.

Fuck me sideways!!

That 2nd half has to be the standard. The only difference was application, the players actually giving 2 fucks.

The formation today was spot on and I think Manuel was trying to prove a point, in that he does see it. But the application was terrible and the formation is irrelevant when that's the case.

They have to apply themselves from the start, when they do the 2nd half is the result.
You are Walter White and i win a pound of blue sensation.

It's a bit embarrassing the contrast considering how we used to be, not saying we'd have beat them back then for atmosphere though. They seem to be the same at home too, german clubs.

It's got to be related to ticket prices, as we've had our prices pushed up loads of our fans have had to pass up renewing and I'm sure that's a factor in declining atmosphere (besides the expectation of winning). Those fans have been replaced by other fans that might not have been going as much and aren't as much into the singing culture, or used to it. Or maybe that's also the case for the more 'middle class' fans that can afford the tickets instead and aren't as open to getting up and causing a noise.

Just one theory (obviously can't generalise) but I think it's definitely an issue to do with society within our country.
Yep I think you make a lot of good points - different class of supporters going I think being the main one. Sad facts but you are probably correct.

One of my very first games as a kid was Charlton Athletic in 1985. What a day that was!! The noise was ear splitting and that atmosphere was better than any choreographed German bouncing bollocks. What has changed? All seater? Success? Ticket prices pricing our working class core support out? There is a lot of different reasons.

The MGB fans were certainly impressive but I was in no way embarrassed. Although it makes them noisy and entertaining, I find all the choreographed singing along to the drums and organised jumping a bit artificial. It seemed more important to them to do this than actually react to what was happening on the pitch. It seemed that the noise level barely changed when they scored and a goal seemed a bit of a rude interruption to their orchestrated performance. It was all very German.

I'd rather we made a noise that reflected what was happening on the pitch but it would be good if the whole stadium joined in sometimes.
This is correct, hate all that organised shite, I wonder if they're actually watching the games at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.