Monday night football with Neville and Carragher

Just watched Carragher on the build up FFS who at Sky sanctioned giving him a job. Sounded and looked like he had been at the dancing biscuits with a load of amphetamine.

m7mcfc said:
Just watched Carragher on the build up FFS who at Sky sanctioned giving him a job. Sounded and looked like he had been at the dancing biscuits with a load of amphetamine.
Yet people moan at how boring and old fashioned motd is. Carragher is like having one of your mates in there. Getting passionate, talking the way he talks rather than how his producer wants him to talk and genuinely discussing football just like we would. The fact he's a broad scouser makes it hard to understand him but then again we are all hard to understand when we get on one when discussing football. I'd rather have that than lawro sat in a chair, almost dead and talking like the most boring man alive.

AIQ88 said:
Im not English and have never lived in England yet I can still understand Carragher so whats wrong with you people?

And thats excactly why you dont understand our humour..

As someone brought up in Liverpool I found his accent embarrassing. He could barely string a sentence together and got lost for words at some points. Was like watching Fanzone. He tutted and fumbled about with the gadgets and basically talked bollox about Kun.

Everyone I know was saying WTF was that all about. Too many ex Liverpool and RAGs on TV. This just proves it is not about quality.

Hart of the matter said:
As someone brought up in Liverpool I found his accent embarrassing. He could barely string a sentence together and got lost for words at some points. Was like watching Fanzone. He tutted and fumbled about with the gadgets and basically talked bollox about Kun.

Everyone I know was saying WTF was that all about. Too many ex Liverpool and RAGs on TV. This just proves it is not about quality.
They're players who have won thing though, so why would they not be on there? In 10-15 years time players like Hart will be on there from his success with us.
Also, stick any of us in there on the opening night of the season and we will fumble about and get a bit stuck. Neville did on his first game, which we also featured in, yet he's a natural now. Like I said earlier, give me these type of pundits any day than the shite on MOTD, boring cunts on there.

Give it four more seasons and Joey Barton will be doing it. Carragher is a warm up act for him so we get used to the accent. Barton has been working towards a career in TV for the last 5 years or so.

Bluechipblue said:
Anybody else hear him say "Fucking Hell" under his breath when discussing Arsenal's lack of spending. Had to rewind it a couple of times, but I'm convinced he said it. Thought Neville looked a bit embarrassed for Carragher at times. All in all, not impressed.

I was certain I heard this as well. It was like he was frustrated himself. Neville was the nervous one last season when Everton v United kicked off the MNF. This year, he got to sit back, relax and smile as Carragher suffered. He'll be alright in time I think.

johnny on the spot said:
Hilarious for the sheer awkwardness.

Carragher actually seemed like somebody had slipped something strong into his tea tonight. Nobody talks like that.
Got to agree.

Say what you want about Carragher, but you can't say he was boring!

He clearly knows what he's on about, just as much as Neville, he just doesn't articulate it in a very professional manner. As others have said, it's like they've let one of the lads from the pub on to have a go!

Personally, I thought he was insightful, honest, and fucking hilarious!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.