monday nights game

Ducado said:
johnmc said:
Of course you can win the league like that. Make sure your rivals don't beat you.
Hmmmm I think they will draw a lot of games this season
At the Bridge it'll be a completely different story. Win there and we've taken 4 from a title rival. It'd take them 2 games to make that up alone.

johnmc said:
Of course you can win the league like that. Make sure your rivals don't beat you.
What if there's more than 1 rival?

City, Spurs etc will have been happy with that result

Scouse_Jimi said:
karen7 said:
A rag on talksport saying city fans will be laughing tonite..we are!

How you can laugh at them for dropping 2 points when you dropped three against relegation fodder...honestly, is beyond common sense.

Why shouldnt you take every opportunity to laugh at your rivals?

Have people forgotten what football rivalry is all about? I laughed when the rags dropped points and we were mid table div 3. Would it be better if I just stay miserable for 15 years until we finished ahead of them?

From another City forum so there may be some bias, but the poster is a qualified referee:

Wot no red (Rags match)
Clear red card off the ground tackle by Valencia on Oscar - not even a yellow, then RFP elbows an opponent who gets a yellow...

East Level 2 said:
From another City forum so there may be some bias, but the poster is a qualified referee:

Wot no red (Rags match)
Clear red card off the ground tackle by Valencia on Oscar - not even a yellow, then RFP elbows an opponent who gets a yellow...

Valencia's was a yellow and RVP from the one angle they dared to show was inconclusive.

Marvin said:
johnmc said:
What if there's more than 1 rival?

City, Spurs etc will have been happy with that result

I'm really not overjoyed with it. The favourites come out of arguably their hardest league game without losing while the current champions don't lose and didn't look over powered. Each side is unbeaten, neither loses momentum, morale is unaffected.

It's great we'll play prettier football than those two but that could quite easily not be as valuable as actually winning against those teams.

It's more worrying because if Chelsea can kill games like that at WHL and the Etihad and steamroller the small teams then they win the league, not us. We're the best team in the league if you let us play and that just proves they're very content not to.

Scouse_Jimi said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I've got a message for you: he's got as much right to post on here as you.

Ah it's alright mate...got a thick skin, bit o' banter and all that

You made a very good point though and the response to it was out of order. While a think a point apiece was just about the favoured result for us last night, I wasn't doing much laughing due to our inability to pick anything up at Cardiff the day before.

moomba said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
karen7 said:
A rag on talksport saying city fans will be laughing tonite..we are!

How you can laugh at them for dropping 2 points when you dropped three against relegation fodder...honestly, is beyond common sense.

Have people forgotten what football rivalry is all about? I laughed when the rags dropped points and we were mid table div 3. Would it be better if I just stay miserable for 15 years until we finished ahead of them?

The difference is that we're now direct rivals with United and Chelsea for the title and they both picked up 1 more point over the weekend than we did despite us having a much easier fixture on paper. For me, that's not grounds for rolling round the floor laughing like we used to when we were dogshit and they'd suffered a rare home defeat to the likes of Derby or 'Boro.

M18CTID said:
moomba said:
Scouse_Jimi said:

The difference is that we're now direct rivals with United and Chelsea for the title and they both picked up 1 more point over the weekend than we did despite us having a much easier fixture on paper. For me, that's not grounds for rolling round the floor laughing like we used to when we were dogshit and they'd suffered a rare home defeat to the likes of Derby or 'Boro.

Feel free not to, but I'm going to carry on laughing every opportunity I get.

moomba said:
M18CTID said:
moomba said:

Feel free not to, but I'm going to carry on laughing every opportunity I get.

And so am I - whenever I feel it merits it. You're spectacularly missing my point though which is that Monday night's 0-0 draw isn't one of those occasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.