Moon Landing

Given an equivalent budget I could land my Gran on the moon. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the moon landings as money was no object. Brute force isn't impressive, it's impressive if you achieve it with constraints in place.

Irwell said:
Given an equivalent budget I could land my Gran on the moon. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the moon landings as money was no object. Brute force isn't impressive, it's impressive if you achieve it with constraints in place.

I don't agree with that, argument lots of things had to come together before they got to even take off, by your argument anything is possible if you have enough money

Irwell said:

You clearly have no understanding of the technical hurdles that were overcome in putting a man on the moon.

edit to add:
The constraints in place at the time where a complete lack of knowledge of how to do it. How to exit close earth orbit. How to sustain life for prolonged periods. How to communicate of such distances how to rapidly recalculate trajectories based on fuel burn capabilities and many many more.
This was mankind's greatest technical achievement and is still up there as one of them. I would only put the internet above it.

Irwell said:

You could give me all the money that has ever existed in the world. Times it by a million. And I still wouldn't be able to change the fuse in a plug. Never mind build some sort of rocket thing, that could make it to the moon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.