Moonchester

Anyone remember these two? Cyril the Swan rips Zampa the Lion's head off during a fight and then drop kicked it into the stand, made all the papers the next day and "Cyril" was fined a bag of sand.

View attachment 121172
Took my 8 years old nephew to see Blackpool at Oldham in the 90s. Big fight between Chaddy the Owl and Bloomfield Bear. Afterwards Bloomfiield sat near us and took his head off, my nephew absolutely terrified.

If you become a mascot, do you have to sign anonymity? Does anyone know anyone who’s been a club mascot for any club?
I was Moonchester - just for one day!
City v Liverpool at Yankee Stadium July 2015.

Walked into the Mad Hatter bar and saw the woman who was Moonbeam (out of costume) and chatted and I asked if she was here as a fan or working and she said working. I asked if Moonchester was here and she said no and then asked if I'd like to be Moonchester!

5 pints later we get on the subway to the stadium, passes into the stadium given and in we go!

I was told not to tell anyone as the club prefer the identities to not be known. I took a vow of secrecy, nipped to the loo and messaged my daughters, friends on Facebook and cryptically mentioned it on Blue Moon.

Having had 5 pints and half cut was hidden once inside the costume. It stank of sweat and i was dripping in the hot humid summer of NYC.
Sadly as a baseball field, we couldn't go around the pitch as parts of it are not pitch level so we walked around and around the concourse. A fair few kids ran away! But lots of lovely young women and mum's putting their arms around me posing for photographs.....

It was a brilliant day :)
Screenshot_20220908-104212_Facebook.jpg

Does anyone remember the game back at Maine Road (against Oldham I think it was), so must've been the 98/99 season.

Oldham were warming up pre-game, stretching and CIty's mascot (was it Moonchester back then?) was mimicking them on the halfway line.

Then about four of their players ran from their own half, chased the mascot down and jumped on top of him?

Very funny!

I was Moonchester - just for one day!
City v Liverpool at Yankee Stadium July 2015.

Walked into the Mad Hatter bar and saw the woman who was Moonbeam (out of costume) and chatted and I asked if she was here as a fan or working and she said working. I asked if Moonchester was here and she said no and then asked if I'd like to be Moonchester!

5 pints later we get on the subway to the stadium, passes into the stadium given and in we go!

I was told not to tell anyone as the club prefer the identities to not be known. I took a vow of secrecy, nipped to the loo and messaged my daughters, friends on Facebook and cryptically mentioned it on Blue Moon.

Having had 5 pints and half cut was hidden once inside the costume. It stank of sweat and i was dripping in the hot humid summer of NYC.
Sadly as a baseball field, we couldn't go around the pitch as parts of it are not pitch level so we walked around and around the concourse. A fair few kids ran away! But lots of lovely young women and mum's putting their arms around me posing for photographs.....

It was a brilliant day :)
View attachment 121467
Amazing story! She wasn’t so secretive about her job though…

Amazing story! She wasn’t so secretive about her job though…
Ha! We all knew who Moonbeam was!

We both had a "spotter" assigned to us. Just regular Blues. Our vision was very limited, so you couldn't see what was going on around you. So it could look like i was walking away from a little kid trying to grab my attention when the reality was you just couldn't see the kid. The spotter walking casually slightly away from me, would come up and say "there's a little kid behind you or to your left".

The spotter would also get rid of the twats.... twice a small group of early 20's Yankee Liverpool fans tried to take the piss. Not aggressively but nevertheless tried it on. The spotter moved in and fucked them off.

The funniest moment was when a lad (late teens / early 20's) wearing a rag shirt wanted a picture. We weren't allowed to speak (we are aliens and dont speak English) so it was all hand gestures, mainly thumbs up or clapping etc. The rag came over. I wagged a finger at him, pointed to his shirt and then waved him away to much laughter from all around. I was laughing inside the huge head but I looked at the rag and he looked humiliated. I then imagined some email being sent to City on how rude the mascot was and how bad it made him feel..... so I pointed to him and waved him back over with a thumbs up. His face lit up and I posed for the picture whilst in my head calling him every name under the sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.