More City shirts around these days?

mcfc_die_hard

Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more city shirts around these days?

Like for instance when i was at school there me and my brother that only wore our colours and the rest were plastic rags. But i seem to see loads of city shirts around these days. I was walking past a primary school on my way home from college and a class was doing football outside and i saw 5 city shirts and one liverpool top and no rag tops.

How come we are seeing more these days?

Are they coming out of the closet because they want some glory and we are being followed by glory hunters now? or have they always been blues but ashamed to wear there colours? What do you think?

I don't know the answer regarding kids as usually kids always buy the shirts and so on but as far as more adults wearing them I'd say it could be this season's shirt is the reason why, when they came out a lot of people who don't usually buy the shirts were buying them just because of how great they were this season.

Mate I live in Kent and even though most of my mates are Chelsea fans, over the last few years there have definately been more kids turn up in them.
My 7 year old Daughter came home from school the other week saying she wouldn't wear her City shirt to school anymore 'cos the others picked on her. My reply... "Don't worry next year they'll all be City fans!" Its the nature of the beast I guess.
The fact that i'm renowned in my home town for being a blue, my nickname used to be 'brother' 'cos I was never seen out of my shirts, atleast most people know i'm not a glory hunter!
Actually that said, in the summer some stranger sitting outside my local was obviously shaking his head at me and sneering I guess thinking 'glory hunter', oh well I think we deserve a bit of glory hunting anyway. It'll make the mid week away days in Southend and Gillingham a distant but not so bad memory!!

The 12th Man said:
I don't know the answer regarding kids as usually kids always buy the shirts and so on but as far as more adults wearing them I'd say it could be this season's shirt is the reason why, when they came out a lot of people who don't usually buy the shirts were buying them just because of how great they were this season.

Very True, the shirt this season is nice, and I don't usually buy the kit (im 28, not 12!!), but I bought this seasons.

I've just bought the latest home shirt. Prior to that I had my retro one with the badge on before our current badge.

I decided to get the latest home shirt because of the material it's made from. Just like my retro shirt it will hard wearing. I used to be really disappointed when you bought a home shirt and because it was that silky material you just had to look at it and it would pull.

Apart from matchdays, I reckon I have seen on average of one City shirt a month wandering the streets? Up from zero.

The 12th Man said:

i bought my first shirt (black) since 1981. i think its a brilliant looking kit. the trouble is they look better on younger people not on old farts like me. also the wife has to iron it over a wok, :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.