More Telegraph propaganda

A few quotes that contradict the logic of this article:

"Joleon Lescott needs a more dominant centre-half alongside him than Kolo Touré, who is too diffident to be a real defensive leader or captain."

Hughes bought him and made him captain

"The Welshman insists he conducts "due diligence'' on potential signings, talking to friends and contacts within the game to check on a player's character, ensuring they will perform through bad times as well as good, away as well at home. Some of City's current playing staff have yet to convince they are made of the right stuff."

17 out of 25 in the current squad were bought under Hughes' watch.

"In this tricky period, Robinho could answer his many critics by dominating a game. If the technically gifted but selfish Brazilian fails to deliver it should remind Abu Dhabi, who chose him, that transfer policy must be dictated by Hughes."

Hughes has endorsed the signing of Robinho repeatedly in public. Robinho is not the sort of player who 'dominates a game', he is a skilful, tricky, creative player who can produce moments of magic out of nothing. Gerrard, Lampard, Roy Keane type players 'dominate' games. Robinho has been out injured so he can not be blamed for the performance of the team of late. He was top scorer at the club in his first season.

"He deserves at least another summer transfer window and another pre-season before he can be properly judged."

This was Hughes' original position one year ago. However, at the beginning of this season he expressed surprise at how quickly he'd been able to get the players he wanted and declared that City could compete at the top of the league.

This strikes me as being a planted story that has come straight from Hughes or one of his men. I actually voted Hughes in on the poll but this article has weakened that stance. These are empty excuses that deflect from the flaws in Hughes' makeup. Despite his talk over the summer that the players he now has give him more tactical versatility, we are yet to see him make tactical changes in this way. I can only think of one decision he's taken that positively affected us, and several where it actually hurt us.

For me mark hughes will eventually go a just think some city infact alot of city fans
seem to think he will come good but the truth of the matter is he has just not got it
and niether has his number 2 FATHER TED [AKA] MARK BOWEN god that guy winds me up
he should not be at are club.He would even make the 2 times table sound hard the clown that
he is

Big Mals Cigar said:
For me mark hughes will eventually go a just think some city infact alot of city fans
seem to think he will come good but the truth of the matter is he has just not got it
and niether has his number 2 FATHER TED [AKA] MARK BOWEN god that guy winds me up
he should not be at are club.He would even make the 2 times table sound hard the clown that
he is

Oh the irony !

Henry Winter is a cock and a Rag. Look at his twitter and some of the comments.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/henrywinter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/henrywinter</a>

Pathetic

Pigeonho said:
I don't for one minute think he is taggart or Wenger in disguise, I do however think he needs to be given time to determine if he can become a manager of such a calibre. 3 months into his first full season with HIS squad, 3 points off 4th, a game in hand and with a strong possibility of being in the semi's of the league cup.... I fail to see what he has done wrong, other than see his NEWLY formed team go through a slump, a slump I might add which STILL only shows 1 loss all season.

It's his second full season you bellend. He's spent an absolute fortune and we're getting worse as the season goes on not better.

Adam Donnelly said:
Did Lesley's Mrs write that?

No its one of the happy clappers who post on here (not C_T_I_D though he's still learning joined up writing)

Thanx4Knives said:
Henry Winter is a cock and a Rag. Look at his twitter and some of the comments.

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/henrywinter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/henrywinter</a>

Pathetic

Fck me, its like an advert on why to avoid twitter. Fcking Obatan...do me a favour

On the positive side. Nice to see, Hughes first January signing at his best again tonight. Petrov and cash for Bentley. Lovely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.