More than half of Brits want burka ban

I can't be arsed reading the piece of shit that is the telegraph so can one of you that have explain how they reach their amazing conclusion. Did they ask every Brit, a few from the same place, lots from all over the empire?
To make such a claim would surely need a lot of people to be asked for the 'result' to have any credibility?
Let's put it to a referendum. Burxit.

Because like the burka it has become a symbol of fuck-wittery
Bollocks.
There's no where near enough st George's flag on display in this country incase it upsets some ethnic majority.
If you go to America or turkey there flags are on every building taxis buses everywhere.

Bollocks.
There's no where near enough st George's flag on display in this country incase it upsets some ethnic majority.
If you go to America or turkey there flags are on every building taxis buses everywhere.
And North Korea.

If there's one thing I think on a regular basis, it's how we should always be more like those three.

Bollocks.

Flags have almost never been banned for fear of offending Muslims or any other minority.

These stories were lies, mostly created in the Daily Star and then ran as if fact by the The Mail and The Sun.

These myths have been debunked so many times I'm amazed there are people who still believe them.

Flags have almost never been banned for fear of offending Muslims or any other minority.

These stories were lies, mostly created in the Daily Star and then ran as if fact by the The Mail and The Sun.

These myths have been debunked so many times I'm amazed there are people who still believe them.
I believe my own eyes.
If I go to another country they have there flag flying everywhere.
How many times do you see the st George's flag in england

I believe my own eyes.
If I go to another country they have there flag flying everywhere.
How many times do you see the st George's flag in england
So because we are not as big on the flag flying, it has to be because of a fear of upsetting others? That's ridiculous. Maybe we're just not that insecure or hung up on an inflated pride in being born on one patch of land instead of another patch of land?

When some countries send you to jail for drinking alcohol whats the wrong with banning the burka?? Its not as bad as some are making out and they can always move to countries that allow it

When some countries send you to jail for drinking alcohol whats the wrong with banning the burka?? Its not as bad as some are making out and they can always move to countries that allow it
Do you not like the fact that the UK is more liberal than the states in the Arabic peninsular?

Banning it is not the answer at all. Can you imagine the position the police would be put in if they felt that they had to tell a woman to either disrobe in the street or call for a van to take her away? It'd be virtually unenforceable.
Education isn't the answer either because the enforcers would have no appetite to be lectured on freedom of choice.
The only answer is to put a structer in place to protect and care for those who choose not to adhere to certain religious practices, whether it's genital mutilation, arranged marriage or choice of clothing.
If we're only going to allow freedom of speech and choice to some but not others, it's pointless having it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.