More than half of Brits want burka ban

Of course they are pressured into wearing it, everyone gets their kids christened in this country without any knowledge or reason why. I was christened and everyone I know was but I don't believe in god nor a concept of a god yet I am pretty certain my kids will be christened. When I was at school I had to go to church, I wasn't asked, I HAD to go and that continues today in every Catholic/C of E school in the country.

That pressure exists because of the surroundings and environment you get brought up in, it doesn't mean though that those who happen to wear the burqa don't want to and are all quivering wrecks being beaten by their overlord husbands under there or worse... Terrorists. If they wore a dress of roses instead of a black sheet then I'm sure perceptions would change but that isn't so. It is alien to our culture but to them it isn't so we should just let them get on with it and really start worrying about something else.

I certainly wouldn't worry because I bet they enjoy better freedoms and rights here then back in a strict middle east country. At least here bar the family pressures they will have the choice of whether to be Muslim at all. That is the beauty of this country, you have the choice to be, wear or do whatever you fancy and entertaining a ban only sees to erode and remove those freedoms.

Again, It is their religion so we should let them get on with it. Not letting them do so is discriminating for absolutely no reason and if they do happen to be doing something illegal under there it puts them in the same bracket as anyone else, with crime what frock they happen to be wearing is pretty irrelevant. The statistics are fully in favour of the fact that the vast majority of Muslim women wear the burqa and do not cause trouble nor get upto anymore bother then a rough, skinhead English lad does.

I understand that you cannot blame the whole Muslim population and their religion, but can you not see the link between daesh and Islam in general? I could understand your point if it was just a small Muslims cult that formed at your mosque down the road but its not. This is worldwide terror organization which has vast hold over most of Iraq and Syria and whether you like it or not the burka is an iconic part of their beliefs.

Daesh hate everything the west stands for and want every single one of us to burn in hell and for everyone’s safety alone I’m all for banning it in my country until daesh has been defeated.

Surely other Muslims can fully understand this decision. It is absolutely nothing to do with not accepting your religion. It’s just unfortunate that the biggest terror organizations ever to be created are using Islamic beliefs in their twisted ideology.

Anyway in my opinion it’s a step towards protecting the British Isles from terror atrocities, which politicians seem to forgot

i believe that the essence of the tide against this extreme covering of a persons body is the basic dehumanization of that person.

being british and western, dehumanizing is something that we are set strongly against. we have campaigned and fought for our rights as individuals over many centuries to be the free and accepting society we are now.

it goes against our intrinsic values to see a person subjugated (for religious or any other purposes). it also removes the one thing that one person can relate to another person - facial expressions (with the full covered face versions).

basically, there is no need for these uniforms of islam, they are not even mentioned in the quran. being against the wearing of these garments is not racist, for our society it is our right and duty to speak out against oppression, in what ever form it takes.

I understand that you cannot blame the whole Muslim population and their religion, but can you not see the link between daesh and Islam in general? I could understand your point if it was just a small Muslims cult that formed at your mosque down the road but its not. This is worldwide terror organization which has vast hold over most of Iraq and Syria and whether you like it or not the burka is an iconic part of their beliefs.

Daesh hate everything the west stands for and want every single one of us to burn in hell and for everyone’s safety alone I’m all for banning it in my country until daesh has been defeated.

Surely other Muslims can fully understand this decision. It is absolutely nothing to do with not accepting your religion. It’s just unfortunate that the biggest terror organizations ever to be created are using Islamic beliefs in their twisted ideology.

Anyway in my opinion it’s a step towards protecting the British Isles from terror atrocities, which politicians seem to forgot

What has this got to do with Daesh?

40 people were killed just the other day in Syria by Daesh, every single one of them Muslim. Are you telling me those people died for the cause or were brutally murdered the same way those in Belgium and France were? Do you know the actual numbers of people killed by Daesh and the percentage of which were in the West or even against Western people? The overwhelming majority of people killed as a result of Daesh are Muslim.

Women in a Syrian town burnt the forced Daesh burqas a month ago when that town was liberated from them.

Come on now let's not get ignorant and assume 2 billion people are part and parcel of a murder cult just because of their dress, if it was even remotely true we would be in big trouble!

There are far more deaths as a result of people falling down ladders and driving erratically than those killed by women in burqas, should we ban this scourge too?

Like I said, let's worry about more important things...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.