More than half of Brits want burka ban

Just a cheap excuse to persecute muslims whilst pretending that's not what you're doing.

bigot.

I find it disrespectful. It's the equivalent of turning your back on someone when talking to them. It's just rude, it is a complete lack of respect to the other person by telling them they're not worthy of being able to see your face and communicate with you fully, it is just showing to that person that they are not equal to you in your eyes because you are willing to disrespect them.

Then again, I was brought up properly unlike people who behave in the way you defend, who like you just scream bigot because someone who was brought up properly has the audacity to flag the fact that these people are being utterly disrespectful and prejudice.

As for your western tourists jibe, I help see to it that those kinds of people don't even make it abroad as part of my job so tyvm. Look in the mirror before you start calling others ****.
Not wishing to insult or belittle you Joe, just explore a point of view.

My question here would be 'is it against the law to show disrespect to someone via passive means? (Not talking about directly aimed inflammatory remarks deliberately intended to stir hatred).

For me, if this could be classified in any way at all as a form of disrespect, it would be a much, much milder one than any direct attack, and this factor (even if intentional - which I'm sure in most cases it's not) - puts it so far into the realm of moot that given our current socio-cultural outlook as a nation, it could never stand a chance of being legally banned with the exception of very specific circumstances (in the same way that my public right of way is generally an accepted norm except in certain situations, e.g. when the police need me to move.)

If I can't see someone face I simply will not talk to them.
It's an absolutely fundamental part of social interaction in the west. If people want to excluded themselves from society then they should choose somewhere less social to live.

Simples.

What's the difference between Scottish and British?

Could have saved yourself the trouble of typing another word and just said British ;-)
I was trying to annoy the ginger skirt wearing mutant boot licking savages.

bigot.

I find it disrespectful. It's the equivalent of turning your back on someone when talking to them. It's just rude, it is a complete lack of respect to the other person by telling them they're not worthy of being able to see your face and communicate with you fully, it is just showing to that person that they are not equal to you in your eyes because you are willing to disrespect them.

Then again, I was brought up properly unlike people who behave in the way you defend, who like you just scream bigot because someone who was brought up properly has the audacity to flag the fact that these people are being utterly disrespectful and prejudice.

As for your western tourists jibe, I help see to it that those kinds of people don't even make it abroad as part of my job so tyvm. Look in the mirror before you start calling others ****.
This coming from the arsewipe who wanted the girl who raised tens of thousands for a cancer charity to die.

Your one of the biggest nastiest worthless people on any social media site.

There is so much irony in this one.
Those who advocate the ban say women should be allowed to wear what they desire but when it comes to niqab the rules somehow change.
Whenever something concerning islam pops up in the media all of a Sudden there are experts on islam who frankly havent studied but still think they know it inside out from intellect gathered from social media and corporate media in gernal.

Another great misconception is that women who choose to wear it are bring forced to wear it somehow, i am not gonna deny that doesnt happen but even if i am gracious the percentage would be less than 5% easily, i can say this because i live in muslim family and have been brought up in a muslim society.

Those who advocate the ban say women should be allowed to wear what they desire but when it comes to niqab the rules somehow change.
Whenever something concerning islam pops up in the media all of a Sudden there are experts on islam who frankly havent studied but still think they know it inside out from intellect gathered from social media and corporate media in gernal.

Another great misconception is that women who choose to wear it are bring forced to wear it somehow, i am not gonna deny that doesnt happen but even if i am gracious the percentage would be less than 5% easily, i can say this because i live in muslim family and have been brought up in a muslim society.
Don't let the facts get in the way of misconceptions and a good witch hunt please. Ingerlund needs patriots.

This coming from the arsewipe who wanted the girl who raised tens of thousands for a cancer charity to die.

Your one of the biggest nastiest worthless people on any social media site.

Well in, lads.

If I can't see someone face I simply will not talk to them.
It's an absolutely fundamental part of social interaction in the west. If people want to excluded themselves from society then they should choose somewhere less social to live.

Simples.

Except you're on a forum where almost everyone is faceless. :)

Well said. The problem is many won't believe you, in the same way they won't believe a woman saying it's her choice to wear one. As you say there will be some in that bracket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.