More USA police dead in shootings

The reason they are edgy is because they ARE attacked sometimes. They aren't edgy for the fun of it.
But they are also trained to be like that. It used to be that only 2% of soldiers actually shot to kill. After WW2, the American developed a system that increased this to over 90% by making it a reflex, rather than having them think about it (the classic pop-up target course). And in the admittedly limited amount I've seen, it looks like the US police are using very similar tactics. And some don't see a problem with this. Creating a bunch of police officers whose instinct is to shoot first. And then, of course, there's the way that the police approach criminals, which also looks very military to me. I know it's a difficult job with a country where guns are widespread, but I still can't help but think the opener "get on the fucking floor" isn't exactly helpful.

Multiple reports that the shooter is tied to Sovereign Citizens movement, an anti-police group. Could be a man named Gavin Eugene Long.
Sovereign citizens are not just "anti-police" though are they?. They're anti everything to to do with the federal state. Taxes, laws, the government in general, etc. They only accept authority at county level but god help the sheriff who isn't amenable to their demands. They're white supremacists generally - anti-black and anti-semitic.

And the really interesting thing is that they developed directly from the right wing Christian supremacist movement. So they're the Christian version of militant Islamic terrorists.

Sovereign citizens are not just "anti-police" though are they?. They're anti everything to to do with the federal state. Taxes, laws, the government in general, etc. They only accept authority at county level but god help the sheriff who isn't amenable to their demands. They're white supremacists generally - anti-black and anti-semitic.

And the really interesting thing is that they developed directly from the right wing Christian supremacist movement. So they're the Christian version of militant Islamic terrorists.

Yes, it's very bizarre. The group was apparently originally a KKK-affiliated group but, for some reason, certain minorities were attracted to it due to the distrust of the government. Or at least that's what I gather on twitter. Then again, he ranted against "crackers" on his Youtube channel and is, apparently, black. And a member of the Black Panthers. Just weird.

Their roots are with the anti Jew/Black white supremacist racists and they seem anti American establishment/government not anti police per se. Again you attempt to mislead.

Then it's pretty weird for a black man to be a part of that group.
Baton Rouge gunman identified, described as 'black separatist'
The gunman who shot and killed officers in Baton Rouge was named Gavin Eugene Long, according to a U.S. law enforcement official. Long was a 29-year-old from Kansas City, Mo. Today was his birthday.

A second official described Long as a "black separatist."
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...-baton-rouge-gunman-1468790039-htmlstory.html

Make your mind up. A few posts back you were saying it was the sovereign citizens.
Why do I need to make up my mind? There's no mind to be made. He could very well have been affiliated with that group and committed this crime. Some on twitter who are more familiar with the group said that it began as a KKK-affiliated outfit but, much later, disaffected minorities sometimes joined. Or maybe it's a white black nationalist, although the photos of the alleged shooter appear to be black. Some say he was a member of the military, so this is still pretty mysterious.

We're really just speculating here based on bits and pieces. Which is okay, but we need to understand that nothing is confirmed.

You tell me - you reconcile your hatred of Muslims whilst following one of the few Muslim owned football clubs.

No idea what you're talking about. This debate has you cracking up, take a break bro.

Why do I need to make up my mind? There's no mind to be made. He could very well have been affiliated with that group and committed this crime. Some on twitter who are more familiar with the group said that it began as a KKK-affiliated outfit but, much later, disaffected minorities sometimes joined. Or maybe it's a white black nationalist, although the photos of the alleged shooter appear to be black. Some say he was a member of the military, so this is still pretty mysterious.

We're really just speculating here based on bits and pieces. Which is okay, but we need to understand that nothing is confirmed.

No idea what you're talking about. This debate has you cracking up, take a break bro.
I'm not cracking up, I'm sat here laughing because a few more posters - including a moderator have rumbled you and called you what you are. I'm glad I've played my part by challenging your warped version of reality. Be careful on the thin ice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.