Mortgage deal ending

Likely to continue to fall with inflation expected to reduce for at least the next six months.
It is all slightly positive, the with Help to Buy equity loans ending last year (they had propped up new delivery since 2008 in some guise) the new builds looked doomed. As much as I thought if you needed an equity loan then don't buy a new build, they accounted for 40% plus of sales, so were key.

I find the management fees on flats make them very poor value when you look at total cost.

Small cheap house in nice area is better bet. But that said a flat will always be cheapest.
Whatever you do stay clear of anything with management fees, they are a complete rip off, our new build in 2007 had them, so glad we got out after 10 years they hold you to ransom.

Lots of new deals available in he last few days, HSBC 2, 3, 5 and 10 year fixes all the cheapest.

Still over double 2019 and quadruple some 2021 rates but a lot better than anything since the Kwarteng era.

sounds about right , forced into either 6-7 % fix if i did 2 or 5 years remortgage and now they crash like a stone.

One of the sub accounts on my mortgage is up at the end of July.
Currentry paying 3.13% on it so expecting an increase.

The other sub account was renewed on a 5 year fix last year at 4.49% - maybe I shouldn't have fixed with the prices coming down a bit.

Is inflation still likely to fall even with the Red Sea situation driving up freight rates again?
Economists would see that as a negative on both sides of the equation.

Restricted supply would increase prices.

But it would also reduce economic activity and potentially cause recession. The antidote to recession is generally to reduce interest rates.

So it's possibly a net nil impact on the boe thinking when it comes to rates.

I'd also flag that in reality all rates are set in a global context. If the US is dropping rates everyone follows. The question is how quickly they follow. The red sea issue is a European problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.