Mortgage deal ending

Is inflation still likely to fall even with the Red Sea situation driving up freight rates again?
Last night was the first time I've seen the media acknowledge inflation is going to rise. Treasury expecting at least 0.5% I wouldn't be surprised if its more but hopefully not

3.8% available from Monday on a 5 year with Co-op

they had some good looking deals, I was looking at getting one on 3 yr fix and reducing my term in advance of my renewal in a few months, but they pulled them yesterday tea time.... reason claimed was oversubscription, but i'm unsure....

Got my existing 2.09 Mortgage up in July. Not hopeful that the bank of England will reduce on their Feb 1st annoucement, but with these 3.8-4.2 deals knocking about it could have been worse.... last year papers were suggesting 6%!
Read some articles today and the next reduction in rate seems to be mooted for end of 2024 typically. Think I might just lock in for 2 years, as 2025 expected to drive slowly down to 3% again. So hopefully I can renew the rate at this time in 2026 and take advantage

Got my existing 2.09 Mortgage up in July. Not hopeful that the bank of England will reduce on their Feb 1st annoucement, but with these 3.8-4.2 deals knocking about it could have been worse.... last year papers were suggesting 6%!
Read some articles today and the next reduction in rate seems to be mooted for end of 2024 typically. Think I might just lock in for 2 years, as 2025 expected to drive slowly down to 3% again. So hopefully I can renew the rate at this time in 2026 and take advantage

my 2 and 5 years offer a couple months ago was nearly 6%

i had to take 10 years for 4.7

didn't have a choice.

glad to see they are falling off a cliff now. how nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.