Moscow roll call

Колобок said:
awaydayblue said:
Hopefully you received my message to your inbox earlier this afternoon (ref my flag), if there is anything you can do, it would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
yes mate, i received it. i'll see what i can do about it.
think im officially gonna call it a day taking the flag to a match - what a fuckin' ballache carrying that around all day , gonna let my lad hang it on his bedroom wall from now on

Stragglers still here. Spent the day at the Kremlin and popped into see Lenin (insert Beatles comment Herr). Going to watch Spartak Moscow with Alex who has been an excellent host. Back to his last night for beer and watch the game. This bloke is becoming a legend day by day!

I had a fantastic time, I loved Moscow a really interesting, intriguing and in places beautiful city. We're already planning on going back next easter. Virtually all the locals I had dealings with were helpful and friendly and most of the younger ones were happy to talk in English, even had a joke and a laugh with a guard at Lenin's tomb.
Caught up with some blues met on previous trips and met some more good people. Was good chatting to Bluespana and Squirty and family, which nicely brings me to the real star, Kolobok. Alex was the perfect host, sorting out the bus to and from the ground, showing us to the shopping centre for beers pre match and then taking us to a bar after where we could drink for £2 a pint. He also went out of his way to go and find the lad that couldn't find his way back to the bus and gave a lift back to 3 young lads who'd had a nightmare trip to the match. Alex, thank you.
Oh, City won.

Sorry to know about the non-returning flag. It is another one minority childish actions apart from recism chanting. I hope we not return them the same things at our home because we are the best supporter and they are the worst and I hope they get punishment from that chanting. Moscow and Russia fan is still in learning curve to be 2018 WC host and they need a lesson to learn from.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Sorry to know about the non-returning flag. It is another one minority childish actions apart from recism chanting. I hope we not return them the same things at our home because we are the best supporter and they are the worst and I hope they get punishment from that chanting. Moscow and Russia fan is still in learning curve to be 2018 WC host and they need a lesson to learn from.

it is my total intention to visit Russia for the world cup, I have never been to one and don't really care how far England get I just want to spend some more time in Russia watching the football and seeing the other cities.

de niro said:
Krieng_Thai OSC said:

it is my total intention to visit Russia for the world cup, I have never been to one and don't really care how far England get I just want to spend some more time in Russia watching the football and seeing the other cities.

In 2018 I will be there but I will base in St. Peter because I love this city and in later stage I will move to Moscow. We could have many of City players to follow.

I am quite impressed with Moscow driver they stop everytime I step near crosswalk and I see people in the queue waiting for bus, that's never going to happen in Thailand.

Apart from traffic, this is the good trip. I will be in Moscow again when my bro-in law marry to Russian.

awaydayblue said:
squirtyflower said:
awaydayblue said:
Got back yesterday early afternoon, our travel arrangements went really well, £236 (+visa) and no hotel bill is a welcome relief at the moment! The lads with me got to see the sights, although 30 seconds in a day and half threatened to ruin the whole thing......We were ambushed by a much larger group of thugs from behind in a public subway during rush hour, we had a guy with us who speaks Russian, they roughed us up few cuts and bruises, and made of with my flag. I know there were other incidents elsewhere. Gutted it happened, but also appreciate we were very lucky, if they had got the carrying case I had with me, all our travel docs passports etc were in there. Also grateful they weren't armed.... This happened in the tourist part of the City, near the KGB building close to Red Square, during the rush hour. Just goes to show that you can never me too careful, and whilst the trip had a lot of good memories for us, we are mindful of the fact how things could have been so much worse....... Stay safe Blues.....ctwd
Sorry to hear about your trouble mate, was it football related or just people on the make?

Good to chat to you on the plane

Cheers feller, and likewise good to speak to you too. They were their Ultras (men in black they call themselves ironically) We suspect they were roaming the area looking to pick off Blues, although we had no colours on, we did have quick photos with flag in one or two places, more than likely it had been spotted and they were on their phones to track us down..... Our Russian mate assures us that irrespective, we would stand out to them as being visitors, as Russian's don't tend to go round in groups, unless they are up to no good. Hope you and yours had a great time, and it looks like the vast majority of Blues had a great time. I thought twice about posting my comments, but think it is important just to keep everyone on their toes for future trips, it can all go very wrong so very quickly, but for the grace of him upstairs...........See you soon

Similar thing happened to me in Kiev, what you relate is almost identical apart from I didn't have a flag they could nick. You have to have your wits about you in the eastern block countries. In 25 years of following City never had any other trouble other than this incident.

Blue Mooner said:
awaydayblue said:
squirtyflower said:
Sorry to hear about your trouble mate, was it football related or just people on the make?

Good to chat to you on the plane

Cheers feller, and likewise good to speak to you too. They were their Ultras (men in black they call themselves ironically) We suspect they were roaming the area looking to pick off Blues, although we had no colours on, we did have quick photos with flag in one or two places, more than likely it had been spotted and they were on their phones to track us down..... Our Russian mate assures us that irrespective, we would stand out to them as being visitors, as Russian's don't tend to go round in groups, unless they are up to no good. Hope you and yours had a great time, and it looks like the vast majority of Blues had a great time. I thought twice about posting my comments, but think it is important just to keep everyone on their toes for future trips, it can all go very wrong so very quickly, but for the grace of him upstairs...........See you soon

Similar thing happened to me in Kiev, what you relate is almost identical apart from I didn't have a flag they could nick. You have to have your wits about you in the eastern block countries. In 25 years of following City never had any other trouble other than this incident.

Utras are extra supporter every club couldn't have if cannot control. Member tends to do ultra extraordinary things like nicking opponent flag to be part of the group. This is childish thing that humiliate the whole club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.