Most 'bother' you've ever got into at a football match

The Oldham away game in 1984 springs to mind on this one!!!

NOT just the violence but the complete wreckage caused after the match, i remember about 3000 Oldham fans cowering in the corner of 1 stand (the chaddie), the other 3 stands completely took over by city....we had pitch invasions, turnstiles robbed, fences and seats ripped up, EVERYTHING happened that day..................

Lived in Failsworth at the time and remember walking home through Chadderton and just seeing so many window-less houses, cars smashed up....1984 was without doubt the worst in City's history for violence, don't think (and hope) i'll never see the like again!!

Newton Heath Blue said:
The Oldham away game in 1984 springs to mind on this one!!!

NOT just the violence but the complete wreckage caused after the match, i remember about 3000 Oldham fans cowering in the corner of 1 stand (the chaddie), the other 3 stands completely took over by city....we had pitch invasions, turnstiles robbed, fences and seats ripped up, EVERYTHING happened that day..................

Lived in Failsworth at the time and remember walking home through Chadderton and just seeing so many window-less houses, cars smashed up....1984 was without doubt the worst in City's history for violence, don't think (and hope) i'll never see the like again!!

Wheres good to watch Blues on the tele in Newton Heath? Ive jus tmoved up that way but fucked if Im going in half the pubs - they look full of right scroats

m27 said:
allan harper said:
Away from football match days just a general night out in manchester is there much trouble between City and the rags.

Sorry mate, this doesn't necessarily answer your question as its still regarding match days but I've just remembered a few things. The Rising Sun got done by City about five years or so back on a random Saturday night after we had been playing away (can't remember where) and there have been other examples. If anything, United are a little bit more vulnerable to attacks in Town because they have more pubs that can be classed as 'United' than City in the centre of Town. On the other side of the coin, you've got to take on a pub full of United armed with pint pots, tables, pool cues etc.!!

When The Athenaeum was City's (5 years or so ago) and we weren't banned from it, there were 'events' after nearly every City home game. Is that place still open by the way? That period was quite a laugh to be honest.

Away from football match days completely, I was behind Pete Boyle at a New Order gig once and was working out how I could kill him with a plastic pint pot.

pmsl

allan harper said:
m27 said:
Sorry mate, this doesn't necessarily answer your question as its still regarding match days but I've just remembered a few things. The Rising Sun got done by City about five years or so back on a random Saturday night after we had been playing away (can't remember where) and there have been other examples. If anything, United are a little bit more vulnerable to attacks in Town because they have more pubs that can be classed as 'United' than City in the centre of Town. On the other side of the coin, you've got to take on a pub full of United armed with pint pots, tables, pool cues etc.!!

When The Athenaeum was City's (5 years or so ago) and we weren't banned from it, there were 'events' after nearly every City home game. Is that place still open by the way? That period was quite a laugh to be honest.

Away from football match days completely, I was behind Pete Boyle at a New Order gig once and was working out how I could kill him with a plastic pint pot.

pmsl

Reading through my post again, can anyone guess how long ago I met the missus?

sorry b m i was in the paras lot quieter there, but my mates told me about it, forest was always the next big one behind leeds, i remember forest coming to city in 70 they got to the ground at 11 am, when me and my mates from tameside got there about 12,there was at least 200 of them chasing about 20 of us round maine rd it was like keystone cops, still think if we play at forest sometime soon it would be quite interesting?
black mamba said:
mancunial said:
football special days late sixties and seventies, always running battles at leeds, stoke, sheff utd but always found notts forest the big one, remember 69 70 walked over trent bridge they were waiting for us (city were proper skinheads) they (notts for) were like a sort of mottley crew of greasers it just went big time, now if you have ever walked to notts station in those days it was one long straight road, lads just dragging each other into shop doorways and kicking seven buckets of shit out of each other, it was really heart pumping time? then the same would be re, enacted each year, it was same leeds, but we was always outnumbered there?

Were you at Forest on that Sunday around 1973/74 for the FA Cup match when Duncan McKenzie scored a hat-trick (i think!) and we lost 4-1 ....... they cornered us in the ground and it kicked off bigstyle , both inside and outside ...... they were a real bad lot in those days.

We had hardly any windows in the coach going back!

The following cup round they played Newcastle , who were just as bad , if not worse ...... and there were a few stabbings.

got in some bother a few times many years ago.
Once in the merchants pub on Oldham Road on derby day. About 20 city fans having a quiet drink in the pub when about 4 coach loads of scum fans tried to get in through the revolving door at the front. All the windows went through and it was absolute carnage for about 5 minutes till the dibble turned up.
Got put in back of police van with other city fans, driven about a mile from maine road and kicked out of van - just doesnt happen today.
Another time at Full members final. Me and loads of mates had gone from the pub on a coach to wembley. When we got there me and 1 mate manage to blag the vip seats at the top of stadium. Just as we sat down there was a big fight in the bottom corner, and low and behold it was the lads from the coach..... Feeling the urge to help out we climbed over seats just to get down to the bottom tier at Wembley and when we got there the police had arrived - never got back into those comfortable seats either !!!
Another time at Millwall away... great fun..
Another funny story - away at Watford - Cup relay on a Monday night. Travelled in transit van to the game, arrived 10 minutes late and missed City's goal. Game finished 1 -1 and went to extra time. In those days they tossed a coin to decide where the second replay would be... back at Watford.
All the lads gathered at the transit van and when the last one arrived near midnight we got in the van, only to find out it would not start - when opening the bonnet we soon found out someone had nicked the battery - what a night, got home at 0600 follwing morning and had to go to work - great days......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.