Most 'bother' you've ever got into at a football match

City Vs PSG <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFa0Xftv4&feature=sub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFa0Xftv4&feature=sub</a>

allan harper said:
Ive been brought up on a rough estate and im no big hard man but i really dont give to fucks about going to away grounds wether its brummies portsmouth carrdiff etc but im so glad i wasnt around like some of you lot going to places like Leeds. Total respect to you all even if you didnt go for the trouble and just went for the game. Did you get any women and kids going to these places? how fuck could you stand there at Anfield and know that any minute i could get a dart in my head..

The thing was back in the seventies you didn't really get kept in after matches anywhere , even though hooligan gangs were springing up all over the place ...... the coppers didn't really have the 'intelligence' that they can call on today , and so fighting outside (and inside of grounds) was the 'norm' ........ there was also very little , or no segregation , of fans inside grounds.

I went to almost every away game from the early seventies to the mid-nineties , so i know just how frightening it could be going to some of these places.

The trouble at Leeds was that there never seemed to be any coppers about after a game , or before it come to that ...... and so they had hundreds , if not thousands , of hooligans hanging around after a game waiting to attack you ....... in the end that was probably the very first football ground to keep visiting fans behind after a match , as the cops finally woke up to the fact that it was going on.

But visits to Forest , Boro , Chelsea , Birmingham , West Ham , Newcastle , Spurs , Wolves , Cardiff , Millwall and Merseyside were all bad ones.

Got split up from my mates after the game at Schalke last year. Headed down the Alstadt and ended up in a pub full of City fans. Sat at the bar having a beer and this girl in knee length boots and short skirt started talking to me, being over friendly. She was with a 6 foot German (who I assumed was her pimp).

I remember a City fan discreetly asking me if she was my bird, to which I replied "Behave yourself, she's a prossie". I told him I wasn't interested, but he might be OK negotiating through the 6 foot pimp.

Next thing they entered into a bit of a conflab, which resulted in the German & the City fan arguing and the girl crying on my shoulder because someone accused her of being a hooker.

Turned out the "pimp" was her brother and she was a student. I remembered they told me that when I'd started talking to them 10 minutes earlier, but in my defence, at that stage my brain was scrambled.

I don't remember any away game in the 70's when I did'nt get some 'bovver'.

It was a bit wild in those days, to say the least, and things are a lot calmer and more agreeable now.

never went looking for trouble but
after the full members cup went into a pub which happened to be full of chelsea fans,
after about 10 mins it kicked off and it looked like a scene out of a western tables and chairs everywhere.

me and my mates were doing ok but could not get out of the pub I ended up with the thick end of a pool cue and was making a good attempt to get out.

there was a lot of shouting at this point and as we got out of the pub some fcuking cockney stabbed me in my right arm bled like a stuck pig and when the coppers got me to hospital I had 14 stitches. on the bright side as it was pre cctv I got away with claiming I was jumped and had been stabbed for no reason so had to get the train home next day a bit battered and bruised. at the time never thought it was any big deal but when I look back it was a near miss and could have been a whole lot worse!

football special days late sixties and seventies, always running battles at leeds, stoke, sheff utd but always found notts forest the big one, remember 69 70 walked over trent bridge they were waiting for us (city were proper skinheads) they (notts for) were like a sort of mottley crew of greasers it just went big time, now if you have ever walked to notts station in those days it was one long straight road, lads just dragging each other into shop doorways and kicking seven buckets of shit out of each other, it was really heart pumping time? then the same would be re, enacted each year, it was same leeds, but we was always outnumbered there?

Away from football match days just a general night out in manchester is there much trouble between City and the rags.

allan harper said:
Away from football match days just a general night out in manchester is there much trouble between City and the rags.

Not that I'm a regular out in the streets of Manchester at night, but there was about 20 of us singing City songs in a queue for 42s on halloween and we didn't hear/see any rags giving anything back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.