Most entertaining City match ever?

bluemc1 said:
6-1 was dream stuff, but for entertainment and excitement i go for 3-4 come back with 10 men v spurs, can still see myself jumping over my mum and dads coffee table

These^^^^

3-3 rags at maine rd.
2-4 chelsea wasn't bad.
1-6 rags.
0-2 leeds boxing day 76. very entertaining football. leeds never touched the ball for 90 minutes. they had a good team as well.
4-0 boro 1976 league cup semi final.

isab23502 said:
Setting aside as far as possible the result ... which City match you have seen provided the most pure footie entertainment? I'm going to go for the 3-3 with Newcastle in 1996: Kinky non-stop magic.

I was thinking of that game as I read the thread title!

it might sound a bit recent, but is anything really going to beat the 6-1 ?
last years game against QPR was most memorable but for entertainment the 6-1 wins

Manchester City vs Newcastle United
Premier League
Sat 24 February 1996.

Score: D 3-3

Attendance: 31115

E Immel
N Summerbee
SP Hiley
K Curle
CJ Symons
SM Lomas
MR Brown
NH Clough
U Rosler x1
NJ Quinn x 2
G Kinkladze

still my favorite game ever, city were awesome that day against the champions elect(until they fucked it up), kinkladze ripped them to shreds, keith curle and asprilla at each others throats and that chip by phillipe albert, great game in a season that ended badly for both clubs<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm --<br /><br />
Bluemoon dan said:
The 5-2 game v Spurs at Maine Road under Brian Horton has to get a mention.

beagrie and summerbee amazing that day only overshadowed by "the little genius" copyright Brian Clarke

the match which provided pure attacking football from both sides was City VS Tottenham (away) last season.The first half of that match is still the best performance in my opinion by a city team that I have seen yet.We won 5-1.

1-6 vs United
3-4 vs Spurs FA Cup
6-0 vs Pompey
and forgive me for this but....
4-3 vs United, I know we lost in Fergie time, but as a match, they don't come much more entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.