Most entertaining City match ever?

bluemc1 said:
6-1 was dream stuff, but for entertainment and excitement i go for 3-4 come back with 10 men v spurs, can still see myself jumping over my mum and dads coffee table

This!

Was at this game and remember going to the bar at half time to get a much needed beer, only to be told no beer was being served. Then some fella behind had revealed Barton had been sent off at half time.

I pleaded with the old man to leave and find a pub, but he was having none of it.

Best second half of football ever, Arnies double save and all four goals which were perfectly timed were unreal!

Remember walking out of there elated, very nearly getting twatted by some spurs fans but not giving one single fuck. Bought every single paper the next day to check it happened!!

bluemc1 said:
6-1 was dream stuff, but for entertainment and excitement i go for 3-4 come back with 10 men v spurs, can still see myself jumping over my mum and dads coffee table

this.

i also thought that despite defeat the hamburg game very exciting.

My favourite was City v Charlton from 1985!

The most ironic thing is I never saw any footage of this until 2 years ago. The reason for that was I joined tha Army in 1985 and was doing basic training with no access to my own TV. That night I waited eagerly for Match of the Day on the communal TV , only for some tw*t just as it began to say 'should we have a vote on what we watch', either the footy or some Shite film on ITV.

Incredibly the film was chosen. I was reduced to staring at black and white pictures with a tiny write up in the next days southern edition of the News of the World trying desperately to imagine what it must have been like for my mates who went.

When I eventually saw the highlights on You Tube all the memories of that afternoon and the sad events of the Bradford fire that I listened to on the radio that Saturday came flooding back.

Call me what you want but one of my favorate matches was hamburg at home. Elano hitting the cross bar twice and that atmosphere was amazing. The fa cup semi at wembley is up there along with qpr. Non are for the football we played but the feeling that came with the matches.

In recent times apart from the obvious 1-6, the 1-5 against Spurs was pretty special. Nasri's debut, Dzeko got 4(his last one was stunning) and it was the match when everyone finally sat up and thought "fuck me, City are looking a bit special"
We played some awesome football that day and carved Spurs apart. Aguero's goal was pretty good too, past Dawson like he wasn't there and banged it in from a really tight angle.

Bournemouth 3-3 at Maine Road. I doubt any other team in the world could of fucked that up, the way we did.

The two FA Cup quarter final games against Everton in '81.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.