Most famous person you have met?

Re: Most famous person you have met???

Alf Ramsey - twice. Once at Newcastle before FA Cup tie 1968/9 (with his family / friends, not overly impressed with my insisting that Neil Young should play for England). Second time at a petrol station in St Albans around 1981, when he looked at me as if I was a piece of crap when I asked him to sign my petrol receipt (he didn't).

Lou Reed - Brixton Academy early 1980's. I turned the corner and there he was in front of me - I stood there speechless and he looked at me like I was a piece of crap, etc...

Paul O'Grady gave me the eye on the concourse at Euston Station once - I was scared to smile...

Famous people are usually quite disappointing when you see /meet them face to face.

I knew Dave Threlfall quite well before he got into acting and became dead famous - Top lad, 100% great guy, probably still is... he's a blue after all!

Chesney from corrie once held open a door for me. Glad to see these superstars are still down to earth.

dobingsdobber said:
Jimi Hendrix,Barratts music store on Oxford Road.

Not read the whole thread but I can't imagine anyone could top that.

I'm guessing this was in 1967 or 1968 when he was staying at The Arosa Hotel in Withington, but do tell us more...

Laurent Charvet said:
Chesney from corrie once held open a door for me. Glad to see these superstars are still down to earth.

He sat next to me on a bus once. Oddly, he could have sat on the seat in front of me next to a pretty tasty girl but instead he chose me. Bit bent but it takes all sorts.

Most famous person I've actually met and conversed with would be Prince Charles.

There's a vast plethora of other people, but he's the most 'famous'.

Lavinda Past said:
I knew Dave Threlfall quite well before he got into acting and became dead famous - Top lad, 100% great guy, probably still is... he's a blue after all!

You must know Frank Gallagher if you refer to him as Dave over David! Am I right in thinking he's London based in general? If so, send him to The City Pride for matches.

Met Belinda Carlisle once in Sheffield. She was small, wrinkly and had really chubby legs!

peoffrey said:
Lavinda Past said:

You must know Frank Gallagher if you refer to him as Dave over David! Am I right in thinking he's London based in general? If so, send him to The City Pride for matches.

My Mrs works with his ex-Mrs lol, she says she's sound, don't know why I thought I'd mention that but hey-ho.

Lavinda Past ? That name's very familiar to me, you're not the famous 'Lavinda Past' who used to post on the MEN many years ago (when it was good) are you ?

Barry McGuigan, opened a new conservatory showroom where i used to work, little fella, massive hands!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.