Most Memorable City Game You've been to?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
franksinatra said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I was in the away seating along the side, and we always took a major following to Coventry.

Worst police in the country and remember them every year taking fans out for swearing.

Pretty certain Fitzroy scored the winner that day?

The season previous was pretty memorable also, winning 1-0 on the opening day. New 2.5 million centre half and we kept a clean sheet an achievement we did not manage, away from home, the season before. Went with the Duki supporters on the coach to this one and we took 5k plus

Yes Fitzroy sliding in from two yards out and it creeping over the line rings a bell.

Was also at the Cov game the season before. New Maroon kit, Curle and I think Phelan was also signed by then.

Quinny with a header.

Oh, and I was also at Loftus Road in a midweek Cup game to see Adrian Heath score for the first time in 12 months.

Memorable just for that!

Seeing Adrian Heath score must have been memorable. Was that after he ballooned that chance against Arsenal in the league cup over the top of the North Stand?

Ric said:
Just found this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqXL5UtFzo4[/video]

Apparently Quinn was credited with the last touch (still looks like Simpson's goal to me though!).

I reckon Ricky Holden beat that one player more times for that first goal than he beat players in the rest of his City career.

Before the 50th anniversary game at the swamp knowing the silence was impeccable memorable before a ball was kicked

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A couple off the beaten track, perhaps.

I will always remember seeing City beat United for the first time, and it was at Old Trafford.

It was John Gidman's testimonial and I loved every minute of it. Little did I know that just a few months later I would see us smash five past these bastards at Maine Road.

Another one which sticks in the memory is watching City at Highfield Road. We were 2-0 down to Coventry and we can storming back to win 3-2 in the last few minutes in the pissing rain.

I also loved Walsall away, when Gleghorn went in goal and McNab gave the ball away in the last minute and I think we drew 3-3?

I also remember feeling pretty confused as a small kid when my hero Joe Corrigan came back for the first time with Brighton and again, I think we won by four.

Same when Paul Power returned with Everton, just seemed weird.

Used to go to quite a lot of the away games in the midlands .

I went to the Coventry & Walsall games. Another one from around that time, that was memorable was the 5-1 against Villa, when David White scored 4 goals.

I remember going to Birmingham City away, might have been 1988. Was only about 12 or 13 at the time. City took that seemed like thousands & pretty much took the ground over, there were loads of City fans on the roof between tier 1 & 2 of the main stand. Anyone else remember this one?

For me so many during the 60's and 70's but if I had to pick one it has to be Vienna 1970 ECWC final. The journey by road, the stop overs, Vienna and the match itself .
Sweet memories.

Johnsonontheleft said:
I've been (un)fortunate enough to go to some memorable games - Wembley 99, Ewood 00, the 94 Terry Phelan goal QF, 'Neville Fed the Goat' Derby, FA Cup Final, Capital One Cup Final - but none of these are the most memorable.

That honour goes to a game against Ipswich in the 90s. When I say memorable, I can't remember the year or even the competition, but I have really vivid memories of Michel Vonk scoring a screamer then sliding through a puddle on his knees to celebrate. There are no videos of this anywhere on the Internet to refresh my memory but I don't need them - I remember it like it was yesterday. It was probably around 1993? The game was abandoned when we were 2-0 up due to rain.

What's your most memorable City game and why?
The replay to this is one that sticks in the memory. Year was 93 or 94? Can remember it been franny lees welcoming. Remember rocastles trick through two defenders for Sheron or griffiths to score? We won 2-1 can't remember who scored other but was 1-0 down. It was a premier league game.

One that stands out away from the big games is Spurs 94-95 season when we won 5-2 can't name scorers was it lomas, Quinn, flitcroft, Walsh and rosler?

franksinatra said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
franksinatra said:
The season previous was pretty memorable also, winning 1-0 on the opening day. New 2.5 million centre half and we kept a clean sheet an achievement we did not manage, away from home, the season before. Went with the Duki supporters on the coach to this one and we took 5k plus

Yes Fitzroy sliding in from two yards out and it creeping over the line rings a bell.

Was also at the Cov game the season before. New Maroon kit, Curle and I think Phelan was also signed by then.

Quinny with a header.

Oh, and I was also at Loftus Road in a midweek Cup game to see Adrian Heath score for the first time in 12 months.

Memorable just for that!

Seeing Adrian Heath score must have been memorable. Was that after he ballooned that chance against Arsenal in the league cup over the top of the North Stand?

Pretty sure that chance you have in your memory bank was actually v United at Maine Road?

The game ended 0-0 but Heath had an incredible chance to win that game and ballooned over the bar into the North Stand.

Think Quinn hit the crossbar with a thumping header?

That game will also stand out for an outrageous glimpse of skill from a very young Giggs right in front of H Block.

The ball must have been coming down in the air from all of 40 yards and he controlled it out of the sky. I was in Kippax that day and even remember the gasp around the ground as he pulled it off.

Heath was prolific at not being prolific but will always be grateful for that mad day down at Norwich which kept us up.

Speaking of Norwich, possibly the worst miss I ever witnessrd by a City player was at Carrow Road when David White somehow missed a tap in on the goal line.

Ah, happy days, or so it seemed at the time!

More for the days out than the games
Palace away in 1990 Lots of Blues as the Blues Brothers had a good singalong with the Palace fans in the pub before the game and then some Blues took a banner round the ground wishing them good luck for the cup final v rags
Came from 2 nil down to draw 2/2
Stoke away boxing day about 88 thousands in fancy dress when the inflateables were at their peak and a good sing song despite losing

Got to be City v QPR, May 2012.

Plenty to remember that day, but what recall most vividly is the horrible sense of approaching catastrophe as the game neared the 90 minutes mark. All the City fiascos, cock-ups and even relegations I'd seen seemed trivial in comparison.

I'd quickly worked out how to get through the rest of the day with as little mental pain as possible - by getting blind drunk, but I knew there'd be no way to avoid having a horrific memory for the rest of my life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.