Most Memorable City Game You've been to?

Fa Cup Final 2011 - a fucking trophy at last!

Sick Swan ran it close though, as of course did QPR

Manchester City v Luton Town, May 14th 1983-First time i cried at a football match. The next time was the Agüeroooooooooo.

moon said:
Stoke away boxing day about 88 thousands in fancy dress when the inflateables were at their peak and a good sing song despite losing

I was there that day dressed as one of the seven dwarves even though there was only four of us. We missed Gleghorn's goal the turnstiles were rammed with City. Lets all have a disco. That humongous banana was a sight to behold. We lost 3-1but we didnt care. What a day. Thanks for the memories

Showing my age here. the ballet on ice was the best performance by any team i have ever seen.

chedinho said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
Torquay away in League Cup.

10 hours on the train special, arriving with teams kicking off, being thrown through a junior turnstile by a copper even though I was 6 ft 3 n had a tache, most boring 0-0 I have ever seen.

I not even sure we had an attack let alone a shot.

Then the prospect of the train home. Horror.

Either that or famously running down the hill at Barnsley

i went to Torquay on the specia,i got home just in time for work.

Watford,Corrigan got injured and Bobby Mac went in goal.cup finals and QPR aside,,i think a few would agree with that game.

only memorable cos I travelled up from plymouth where I was living but went to some dodgy empty nightclub in torquay after a shite game and missed the connection back and ended up sleeping the night on the platform at newton abbot

the usual suspects but as not mentioned yet i loved that home game against stoke over xmas in the third division when we turned the tide and after that came storming back up the league to clinch promotion in that wemberlee godsend......gareth taylor at the death in front of the platty and the maine rd crowd was just phenomenal that night plus it was fun and games retribution for the previous season afterwards (not to be condoned of course)

It's a no-brainer for me. Has to be the QPR game. It almost saddens me to say it, but I doubt I'll feel that exhilarated after a City game ever again. To win the first league title of my lifetime (something I'd resigned myself to probably never happening prior to the takeover), in those circumstances will never be surpassed. The scenes in the stadium were something I'll take to the grave with me. Just incredible. In fact, I'm going to watch the highlights again now.

i8therags said:
Collin bells comeback. Never have and never will hear noise like that again. Never mind the hairs on the back of my neck my whole body was oozing adrenalin. Replicate that now every game and we will walk this league.
This..i was about 11 or 12 and seeing my dad and uncles with tears in their eyes made me all teary and overwhelmed that the guy in the posters over my bed was going to play again. This and that first prem title ending up hugging a complete stranger in the east stand. .God I love city

QPR. Far and away. Confidence was replaced by horror which was replaced by mass delight. The goal, the celebrations, and the endless replays on YouTube are more vivid in the memory than any other sporting event and up there with some of the wonderful moments in life away from City. "It's not Manchester U****d again, it's Manchester City at last!" it says on the video as Kompany walked up to get his medal and be presented with the trophy.

Ric said:
It's a no-brainer for me. Has to be the QPR game. It almost saddens me to say it, but I doubt I'll feel that exhilarated after a City game ever again. To win the first league title of my lifetime (something I'd resigned myself to probably never happening prior to the takeover), in those circumstances will never be surpassed. The scenes in the stadium were something I'll take to the grave with me. Just incredible. In fact, I'm going to watch the highlights again now.

Just posted the same on a similar thread running. Mark Hughes said in an interview weeks later in all his time in football he had never heard a noise like it when Aguero's shot hit the back of the net.Spine tingling.It wasn't a goal celebration it was a primeval unearthly scream exorcising the ghosts of 44 years of misery,piss taking and failure.Bliss utter utter bliss and i am going to do exactly the same,lol!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.