Most overrated player in the Premier League history

Aicky said:
Petr Čech the amount of times he has been referred to as the best goalkeeper in the world is just shocking

Topic closed i believe
Before his injury he was THE best keeper but your right he is living on that past reputation now and that nervousness has passed on to Terry and Carvalho they have looked awful last month or so

Gerry Creaney. I remember sitting in the citys supports club and sky were showing his goals, i sat there and thought, this guy is utter turd, but sky went on and on about what a good signing he was. Proved me right to, TURD!
Other most over rated player has to be Gerrard, if you actually watch him he makes alot of bad tackles, alot of bad simple passes (ok one will be inch perfect, but thats the one sky shows all night) and he'l score a couple of good goals a season but you'd have to with the amount of shots taken. same goes for lampard.

David Beckham, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes (last five years)

There seems to be a trend here...

there is only one. david beckham. one good performance against a load of greek waiters in 2001 and everyone thinks he is great. he is no Jamie pollock........

DD said:
Miami Weiss said:
So Robinho is the most overrated player in England?
Fool.

Nobody outside City rates him so he can't be over-rated. Come to think of it, not many City supporters rate him!:)

I've always thought that Paul Scholes was vastly over-rated. Good pro but not the great player he's made about to be in some quarters.

ive read some stuff on this site but this is MADNESS

I could sit here for hours thinking of players but....here are a few,

Gary Neville
phil neville
Michael Carrick
Jermaine Jenas
Veron
Berbatov
i know he is not rated as amazing but he still gets rated higher than he should be... Stewart downing

cant think of anymore off top of my head?

another shit player but he wears red so he is amazing..... Ben foster

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Aicky said:
Petr Čech the amount of times he has been referred to as the best goalkeeper in the world is just shocking

Topic closed i believe
Before his injury he was THE best keeper but your right he is living on that past reputation now and that nervousness has passed on to Terry and Carvalho they have looked awful last month or so
I never thought he was that good before his injury. When calling keepers the best I always look at if they make saves that aren't routine and you can't think of another keeper who would have stopped it. Cech had a good defence in front of him and that's what helped him look good. Now he is probably one of the worst in the premiership but if he makes a save the old "Best in the World" line still gets thrown out. Also the defence has lost all confidence in him you only have to look at the way Terry et al are trying to clear at all costs rather than let him deal with it. At the time i can remember being asked who was better and I named a guy at Newcastle, Given I think you called him, don't know what happened to him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.