Most pissed off you have been at a game.

Wigan Cup Final. The ultimate day from hell. Ignoring the small matter of the result, the atmosphere was bloody ugly that day. The whole Mancini saga breaking in the papers that morning, lots of coked up, pissed up blues, anti Pellegrini chants and blue on blue fights. Then getting saturated on the way back to Wembley Park tube station.

The rain just capped that day off. Utter shite

Remember coming off the Kippax as this game was called off and walking round the corner by the away section of the north stand and met some Ipswich fans coming off really happy. I said your a very funny lot to come all this way for a game to be pleased when it's not finished. In those days a two nil half time lead for City didn't guarantee a win and it wasn't even half time. If I had gone down there would have wanted to see the whole match whatever the score.

I recall going on the special train to Ipswich once , but because of track works they diverted us into London and then out again to Ipswich ..... so by the time we eventually reached Portman Road it was fuckin half time , they'd sold out of pies at the food hut, and i think the game finished goalless as well !

Not the best day that's for sure!

Last edited:
Middlesbrough at home, they sat behind the ball against a pretty average city team then won with a late own goal, they didn't have a shot on target the whole match. The part I most recall is Southgate giving it the big one to their fans at the final whistle, I've never liked the **** since. ****

Middlesbrough away was one of my worst days .... all that way to Ayresome Park on a cold crisp day to watch an badly injury hit City side full of youth and reserve team names play out a totally boring goalless draw against one of the worst Boro sides in the last 40 years .... i don't thnk either team actually managed a shot on goal throughout the entire game ...... totally drab and uneventful , so much so that even the long suffering Boro yobs had seen enough, fucked off early, and didn't even bother trying to mix it with us afterwards!

The coppers soon had us shipped out of Middlesbrough that day just in case we started complaining to them, and that club of theirs, about getting our money back, lol !

Last edited:
Wigan Cup Final. The ultimate day from hell. Ignoring the small matter of the result, the atmosphere was bloody ugly that day. The whole Mancini saga breaking in the papers that morning, lots of coked up, pissed up blues, anti Pellegrini chants and blue on blue fights. Then getting saturated on the way back to Wembley Park tube station.

The players could’ve at least won it for the fans. I laugh about it now but I was devastated when we lost.

Let Wigan have their day. They’re nobodies now.

The one that springs to mind with me was the united FA Cup tie in 1996. I sat in the middle of the STretford End for it. The season was awful and this was our last chance at achieving anything. We went 1-0 up. The referee robbed us.

Coming out at the end, walking through that tunnel, with all the United fans gloating and singing, and then the news comes through they've just drawn Swindon at home in the quarter finals. All we had was Alan Ball and a relegation battle.

That was a real bad moment. Getting the train back to London with Spurs fans after the 4-2 cup tie in 93 was bad too. But the lowest I ever felt in a football stadium was when Gillingham went 2-0 up. That's the only time I considered deserting Manchester City for good.
Bristol Rovers just before Christmas in league 1. Finished 0-0, it was freezing, boring as fuck and there wasn’t 25,000 at MR. After a childhood of complete delusion the harsh reality of being a City fan hit home that day. Think we were about 8th or 9th in the league at that point and I honestly thought we were done. The Stoke game after Christmas saved this club from being permanently in the doldrums.

The Stoke game after Christmas saved this club from being permanently in the doldrums.

Yes it did ...... that was the game in which we took off on our successful charge up the table ... Danny Tiatto was magnificent that day , especially second half .. he 'carried' the team forward to victory.

Another one was after 8 games or whatever it was without scoring at home under Pearce, Vassell missed a fucking pen again the rags to equalise. Another Derby lost. I couldn’t go that day due to having had an OP and the remote was smashed all over the floor after that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.