most powerful photos ever taken

1760734_manchester3001.jpg

The post box standing defiantly as a symbol of our resilience as a city and a nation.

omagh_imminent.jpg

Another one I'll always remember.

This photo was developed from a film found in a camera that was buried in the rubble of Omagh after it was bombed by the IRA killing 31 innocent people.

In the car on the right in the photo is the massive bomb that caused the carnage and it is estimated that the bomb went off minutes, possibly even seconds, after this photo was taken.

m27 said:
omagh_imminent.jpg

This photo was developed from a film found in a camera that was buried in the rubble of Omagh after it was bombed by the IRA killing 31 innocent people.

In the car on the right in the photo is the massive bomb that caused the carnage and it is estimated that the bomb went off minutes, possibly even seconds, after this photo was taken.

Shivers down the spine.

Amazing photo, for all the wrong reasons..

mcfcliam said:
m27 said:
omagh_imminent.jpg

Shivers down the spine.

You should have seen the place afterwards. A little piece of hell. At the end it didn't matter who did it, everybody mourned, everyone pulled together. I don't really have words to describe it.
You loose faith in people when something like that happenes, but than you see them united almost, and it brings a little bit of belief back.

IrishMacca said:
mcfcliam said:
Shivers down the spine.

You should have seen the place afterwards. A little piece of hell. At the end it didn't matter who did it, everybody mourned, everyone pulled together. I don't really have words to describe it.
You loose faith in the people vwhen something like that happened, but than you see them united almost, and it brings a little bit of belief back.

I've read quite a lot of the first-hand accounts of the immediate aftermath and the scenes that met people sound beyond belief. Truly horrific.

m27 said:
omagh_imminent.jpg

Like liam, I've got the shivers too, just looking at that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.