Most ridiculous take from a rival fan?

For all our alleged cheating, we've only been stuck with non cooperation charges. Funny that. Pretty sure if they could have found a way, a tiny loophole, they'd have strung us up for all to see. I mean, they did actually try on that one too, moving the goalposts trying to catch us out. No other club has such scrutiny, such pressure, on their conduct and dealings. But ok, we're cheats and if it wasn't for Liverpool winning the league on a shoestring and being forced to break transfer records for defenders and goalkeepers, then football would be ruined and the world would implode. In fact, maybe it did, and the recession and Russian invasion of Ukraine are all fuelled by the middle east whilst using the success of city to sports wash their real intentions, all from their volcano layer in the Pacific ocean surrounded by laser firing sharks and cheese throwing walruses.

Could be much worse I guess. We could have illegally hacked a competitors' scouting database. Or bricked an opponent's bus. Or caused life changing injuries to a teenage girl.

And this is where it gets serious. This is where the dilusion, and anger, of some fans, frequency and notably Liverpool fans, becomes dangerous. The hate and anger incited, and then fuelled by certain mainstream media outlets, leads some to identify city fans as fair game not just for jealousy or even geographic rivalries or footy related ribbing, but also violence.

Call us cheats. Ignore the actual evidence. Ignore the cozy table you're sat at scheming away with the other fat cats and crying over your 1970s history annuals. But realise that the hate is manifesting itself through you and your clubs, wiping away any identification you think you have.

Liverpool have become the child in the corner crying that it's not fair because they didn't get their arse down fast enough on musical chairs, who then lashes out and strikes the winner. Yet here it's the winner who gets the talking to from the adult in the room, because the crybaby child is that very adults' child.

Funny to read the twisted takes of rival fans, but also a little depressing to know that for a minority, such views will lead them to chuck a bottle, throw a coin or a punch this coming season at some passing city fan or staff, and in their eyes that's ok because we are all part of a cheating club that has personally deprived them of happiness and glory.

You could argue that our The Best Team In The Land And All The World was self deprecating and ironic and West Ham's Champions of Europe is self aggrandisement.
In 1970 71 seasonthe Kippax would roar out.
"We are the champions
Champions of Europe"
On the back of our ECWC win, nothing wrong with celebrating a great achievement by a great club that don't constantly give us shit.

For all our alleged cheating, we've only been stuck with non cooperation charges. Funny that. Pretty sure if they could have found a way, a tiny loophole, they'd have strung us up for all to see. I mean, they did actually try on that one too, moving the goalposts trying to catch us out. No other club has such scrutiny, such pressure, on their conduct and dealings. But ok, we're cheats and if it wasn't for Liverpool winning the league on a shoestring and being forced to break transfer records for defenders and goalkeepers, then football would be ruined and the world would implode. In fact, maybe it did, and the recession and Russian invasion of Ukraine are all fuelled by the middle east whilst using the success of city to sports wash their real intentions, all from their volcano layer in the Pacific ocean surrounded by laser firing sharks and cheese throwing walruses.

Could be much worse I guess. We could have illegally hacked a competitors' scouting database. Or bricked an opponent's bus. Or caused life changing injuries to a teenage girl.

And this is where it gets serious. This is where the dilusion, and anger, of some fans, frequency and notably Liverpool fans, becomes dangerous. The hate and anger incited, and then fuelled by certain mainstream media outlets, leads some to identify city fans as fair game not just for jealousy or even geographic rivalries or footy related ribbing, but also violence.

Call us cheats. Ignore the actual evidence. Ignore the cozy table you're sat at scheming away with the other fat cats and crying over your 1970s history annuals. But realise that the hate is manifesting itself through you and your clubs, wiping away any identification you think you have.

Liverpool have become the child in the corner crying that it's not fair because they didn't get their arse down fast enough on musical chairs, who then lashes out and strikes the winner. Yet here it's the winner who gets the talking to from the adult in the room, because the crybaby child is that very adults' child.

Funny to read the twisted takes of rival fans, but also a little depressing to know that for a minority, such views will lead them to chuck a bottle, throw a coin or a punch this coming season at some passing city fan or staff, and in their eyes that's ok because we are all part of a cheating club that has personally deprived them of happiness and glory.
At least he's fair and unbiased with his opinions; he doesn't so much as say it directly, but his headline gripe that Liverpool winning 26 out of 27 matches 'isn't normal' is highly suggestive that he also thinks they must have cheated in some way too...

This is exactly the type of relentless, objective fervour that we need on the investigatory committees that are appointed to root out corruption in football..

Oh, wait...

An Everton supporter that I know suggesting that "you could put money on them getting a top six finish this season"

When I questioned that he said that by the end of the season FFP would have caught up with City... I would argue that FFP catching up with City still puts them in the bottom 3 and I would bet that even if we got a 60 point deduction, I would still fancy our chances of finishing above them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.