Most underrated City player ever?

I'm not sure where this idea of him being a mercenary came from. He signed a five year contract with City, which he saw out being probably our most consistent player over that period. Another club came in for him offering him more money and better prospects of success (this was at the end of Pearce 07!). What's everyone's problem?

I bumped into him in town a couple of times too and he was always really polite when I asked him annoying questions!

Quality defender, proved it again at Everton.

I’m not for one moment suggesting the poster is racist but I’ve noticed over the years that the mercenary tag seems to get attached to African players and those of African decent a lot freer than European and particularly British players.

You have blokes in England having 20 year careers that never spend more than a two or three years at any one club and they get lauded as honest to goodness journeymen pros.

James Milner was under rated as far as being a right greedy bastard who ran his contract down at the behest of the vermin in return for an 8 million signing on fee… has he played centre mid for them yet?

Just had a quick look to see what he’s doing now. Assistant manager at Benfica.

I didn’t realise he played 47 times for us in the 13/14 season!
Javi Garcia was by no means the best in the world but he was by no means the worst. He did a great job for us that season. Very much underrated IMHO, but better at CB than in midfield.

David white frightening pace

Ian mellor/spider/legs eleven lost his place when Rodney Marsh arrived if memory serves me correctly

Tommy Hutchinson the dribbling skills of all the greats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.