Most underrated player to play for city

One I was glad to see mentioned in the top 50 list referred to above - Bobby Johnstone. The first man to score in successive Wembley FA Cup Finals.

Great work rate, good finisher too.

From recent times, one of the most underrated for me is Gareth Barry. I honestly don't understand how some people didn't rate him. He wasn't perfect, wasn't the most nimble of players, but his positional sense was second to none, which gave him that advantage over those with more pace. Got caught out against the top bracket players, but who didn't? One of my favourites since the takeover. I'd take him over De Jong every time.

Also, a shout out to Bacary Sagna. Sadly we got him at the tail end of his career, when he had slowed down, but he was still in fantastic condition and very solid defensively.

Totally agree. An absolute engine in midfield but was overlooked as he didn't do 'pretty' football. There has been quite a few since that fall into the same bracket.

Above Barry I would have to say Edin Dzeko. Always find it strange that he didn't get as many minutes as he probably should have. I know he had Aguero to compete with, but still. His contribution was massive and he brought a different element to our game which I think we lack at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.