MOTD time

Doesn't seem that many years ago that we were being told by the same pundits that playing badly and grabbing a win (at home) in the last few minutes was the 'mark of champions'.
Obviously the media Jose fanboys are a bit worried that Wenger will not bend over today for his customary dry-bumming, and the wheels will come off for the 'champions elect'.
Shearer saying we 'made too many mistakes' - no we didn't. Too many mistakes would have mean't a draw or loss surely?
Lambert saying the score was not a reflection of the game! Too right you fucking chancer. It could have been 0-10 but for your keeper, and some of our lads not having their scoring boots on.

fredmont said:
rossie said:
ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Don't agree.

We were sloppy far too often, simple passes going astray, the replays showed it clearly.

He said we played very well in the last ten minutes, and in the end three points were all that mattered.

Fair comments for once from him.

All (imo)
totally agree with you jockstrap, I thought shearer was right , .

Total rubbish from Shearer again, suggesting lack of effort and just 'needing to turn up' . We were still running hard at the final whistle. So we were shit and Lambert says Villa did well despite us dominating for most of the game, makes no sense. We won the game comfortably yet people still whinge. I don't get it.

We played very well, and certainly deserved to win, with two superb goals, but were slightly sloppy at times, even Ric tweeted this:-

"City dominant, but infuriatingly sloppy in possession at times."

If the guys work at eradicating this, it might mean the difference of finishing first or second at the end of the season.

Even one stray simple pass is one too many.

fredmont said:
rossie said:

Total rubbish from Shearer again, suggesting lack of effort and just 'needing to turn up' . We were still running hard at the final whistle. So we were shit and Lambert says Villa did well despite us dominating for most of the game, makes no sense. We won the game comfortably yet people still whinge. I don't get it.

We played very well, and certainly deserved to win, with two superb goals, but were slightly sloppy at times, even Ric tweeted this:-

If the guys work at eradicating this, it might mean the difference of finishing first or second at the end of the season.

But a shite defence (as a team) is even worse.

squirtyflower said:
Can't be arsed doing screen shots but on the BBC main football website the second headline down is

Man City full of errors - Shearer

Bluemoon headlines, Shearer (failed manager) -full of shit!

squirtyflower said:
Can't be arsed doing screen shots but on the BBC main football website the second headline down is

Man City full of errors - Shearer

_78017320_sergio_aguero.jpg

Manchester City made too many errors - Alan Shearer

Manchester City made too many errors despite their victory over Aston Villa, according to BBC Match of the Day pundit Alan Shearer.

City scored twice in the closing eight minutes to win 2-0 and move up to second in the Premier League table.

"They played well in the last 10 minutes but their performance was full of errors and mistakes," Shearer said.

Aston Villa 0-2 Man City: Best game of the season, Pellegrini

"I think they felt they just had to turn up and they'd win but that doesn't happen in the Premier League."

Yaya Toure scored his first Premier League goal of the season but Shearer said the Ivorian had misplaced too many simple passes during the game.

"Toure didn't have the best of games," the former Newcastle striker said.

"But the sign of a good team is that they can produce a piece of magic.

"It was a clever, cultured finish by Toure, and Sergio Aguero, who missed an absolute sitter earlier, finished brilliantly for his goal.

"It was about winning and getting three points and they did it but I didn't think they played well."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not that I give a shit what he says.

fredmont said:
rossie said:

BUT ! If we had not been sloppy, it would have been 10 - 0.

If that display from Villa where they barely had a shot on goal and had barely 30% of possession AT HOME ranks as a did well by Lambert then I'd be a very worried Villa fan this morning and some serious questions have to be asked about Lamberts ambition and approach !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.