motorway idiots targeted

kinkladze96 said:
TTTCITYBHOY said:
Challenger1978 said:
Are talking to me or chewing on a brick.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5QGr6ZzX6c[/youtube]

haha
is it just me or does that still look like a lost neville brother?
Well spotted Kinky..maybe it's Neville Neville Neville.

Mustard Dave said:
stonerblue said:
Mustard Dave said:
I picked up six points in the space of two days about ten months ago. One for the heinous crime of driving at 83 mph on an empty, straight motorway in clear dry conditions. The following day I was caught by another bastard hiding with a speed gun doing 1 mph more on another similar stretch of motorway.

Am I a law breaker? Yes. Was I doing anybody any harm? Please tell me.

The difference between speeding (by 'speeding', I mean the act of exceeding the posted limit - not inappropriate speed) and lane hogging is the former does not cause anybody any harm. The difference is the technology to catch lane-hoggers is not as simple as putting up cameras or hiding in a van with a radar gun.

hahahahha
idiot...

Thank you for your valued contribution.

Come on Mustard; getting caught once could labelled unlucky but twice, in the same place on consecutive days is just, well, idiotic.

stonerblue said:
Mustard Dave said:
stonerblue said:
hahahahha
idiot...

Thank you for your valued contribution.

Come on Mustard; getting caught once could labelled unlucky but twice, in the same place on consecutive days is just, well, idiotic.

Where did I say it was the same place? One was in Dumfries and the other in Warwickshire.

andyhinch said:
How many people posting on here do serious motorway miles I do 30/35k a year and that's sod all compared to so, I always feel that the idiots are the ones that don't know how to drive on them, I can count on one hand people I'd call speeding nutters

I do roughly about 6k a year on motorways mainly along the M62 between Manchester and Liverpool and on the M6 north of the M62. I don't really drive during peak times either as i just don't need to and can't be arsed with 30/40/mph shite on the motorways during rush hours.

Once you hit Around 7pm on the M62 towards Liverpool their are loads and loads of people speeding like loons. I can be doing a little over 70 and cars are flying past me like I'm not even moving. At that time weekdays its not exactly dead either as your still getting the tail end of rush hour. It seems to be in phases though the motorway could be deadish for a couple of miles and then it all bunches up again and its packed.

andyhinch said:
How many people posting on here do serious motorway miles I do 30/35k a year and that's sod all compared to so, I always feel that the idiots are the ones that don't know how to drive on them, I can count on one hand people I'd call speeding nutters

I used to drive to work so was doing about 60k a year. The drivers who didn't keep left were definitely a pain and fucked up the flow. But then undercutting cunts, people who drove with rear fogs on in a light mist (if you feel safe enough to drive over 50mph you don't need your cunting rear fogs on) and tailgaters used to piss me off. I found if I just watched family guy on my in-car tv instead the journey was a lot less stressful.

tail-gating is a serious threat to life and limb, drivers lingering too long in the middle lane is not in any way comparable

The concertina effect of a flash of brake lights in a fast moving line of traffic with not enough space between results in traffic coming to a stand still (if not actual collisions). It is the biggest single problem with driving standards in the U.K. and virtually no-one is prosecuted, probably because the police do not see a profit in it.
This latest announcement of a "crackdown" suggests it is tackling a new phenomenon, when in fact it is as old the motorways themselves.
Although lane discipline on the autobahns is far superior to ours, they do have enormous pile-ups due to tail-gating, America has no problems with passing either side, yet still have concertina pile-ups due to inadequate room to stop.

When all vehicles have a "blackbox" fitted with a read-out of speed and distance to vehicle in front then things will improve, speed cameras could do it now but would interfere with them being money-boxes.

Feed the Elk said:
Tailgaters - isn't it just easier to ignore them?

good point, hard to put into practice, especially when you have seen the damage that they can inflict, and even if you walk away from the crash the paper-work can take years to unravel.

bellbuzzer said:
Feed the Elk said:
Tailgaters - isn't it just easier to ignore them?

good point, hard to put into practice, especially when you have seen the damage that they can inflict, and even if you walk away from the crash the paper-work can take years to unravel.

The correct way to deal with tailgaters is to slow down and open the gap between the vehicle in front of you. As well as managing your own stopping distance, you have to manage theirs. A wider gap between the vehicle in front means you can slow down or stop in a less abrupt manner, reducing the chance of the knob-head driving up your trumpet ending up in your boot.

Blueboy Danny said:
True_Blue69 said:
crizack said:
so yet more fucking nansy pansy mother hen legislation is passed or ammended to suit the moaners and the do rights. Funny how it hasn't mentioned cracking down on the 80-100mph unwritten 'flashing headlights telling someone to move the fuck over' code for the outside lane.

fucking idiots the lot of them.

Get out of the middle lane and stop dordelling in the fast lane and these things wont annoy you!

You are aware there is no such thing as a "fast lane" aren't you?

Ha ha ha - spot on !!

The oft quoted "slow lane or fast lane" is a myth. In the UK we drive on the left - KEEP LEFT signs ring any bells for anybody? As such we drive in the near side lane and move over into the middle or outside lane (the only acceptable way to describe them ) in order to overtake slower moving vehicles. Its so simple that many people just don't get it.

As for this - gesture politics - like insisting there needs to be places to keep bins out of site - Jesus we have so many bins the bin holes will be bigger than some flats !! No they can do this all they like but there a laws there to tackle this at the moment - Dangerous driving, driving without due care etc - that just aren't enforced partly due to a lack of manpower to do so. I mean its been illegal to use a hand held mobile phone whilst driving for years but TBH you'd think that law made it mandatory to use one not illegal - nobody gives a toss coz its hardly enforced and this will be the same. All the fully paid up members of the Middle Lane Owners Club can look forward to many more miles dawdling at 65 in the middle lane of a deserted motorway with an Audi A3 or BMW 1 series right up their shitter !!

-- Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:45 pm --

Blueboy Danny said:
True_Blue69 said:
crizack said:
so yet more fucking nansy pansy mother hen legislation is passed or ammended to suit the moaners and the do rights. Funny how it hasn't mentioned cracking down on the 80-100mph unwritten 'flashing headlights telling someone to move the fuck over' code for the outside lane.

Get out of the middle lane and stop dordelling in the fast lane and these things wont annoy you!

Ha ha ha - spot on !!

The oft quoted "slow lane or fast lane" is a myth. In the UK we drive on the left - KEEP LEFT signs ring any bells for anybody? As such we drive in the near side lane and move over into the middle or outside lane (the only acceptable way to describe them ) in order to overtake slower moving vehicles. Its so simple that many people just don't get it.

As for this - gesture politics - like insisting there needs to be places to keep bins out of site - Jesus we have so many bins the bin holes will be bigger than some flats !! No they can do this all they like but there a laws there to tackle this at the moment - Dangerous driving, driving without due care etc - that just aren't enforced partly due to a lack of manpower to do so. I mean its been illegal to use a hand held mobile phone whilst driving for years but TBH you'd think that law made it mandatory to use one not illegal - nobody gives a toss coz its hardly enforced and this will be the same. All the fully paid up members of the Middle Lane Owners Club can look forward to many more miles dawdling at 65 in the middle lane of a deserted motorway with an Audi A3 or BMW 1 series right up their shitter !!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:45 pm --<br /><br />
Blueboy Danny said:
True_Blue69 said:
crizack said:

Ha ha ha - spot on !!

As for this - gesture politics - like insisting there needs to be places to keep bins out of site - Jesus we have so many bins the bin holes will be bigger than some flats !! No they can do this all they like but there a laws there to tackle this at the moment - Dangerous driving, driving without due care etc - that just aren't enforced partly due to a lack of manpower to do so. I mean its been illegal to use a hand held mobile phone whilst driving for years but TBH you'd think that law made it mandatory to use one not illegal - nobody gives a toss coz its hardly enforced and this will be the same. All the fully paid up members of the Middle Lane Owners Club can look forward to many more miles dawdling at 65 in the middle lane of a deserted motorway with an Audi A3 or BMW 1 series right up their shitter !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.