Mount Everest deaths

I've not done anything like that but climbed a few peaks in the French and Swiss Alps in my time. It can be very hairy if you don't respect the conditions and your own limits. Which is probably part of the issue on Everest where lots of people who probably shouldn't be there are prepared to pay top dollar to tick it off their bucket list. Even very experienced climbers come a cropper there if the conditions turn, which they can do very suddenly.

As a very wise person once said: "you don't conquer mountains, you sneak up and down them whilst they are not looking".

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/everest/mount-everest-fatality-rate-ten-climbers/ looking like one of the deadliest years..any blues into this climbing game..
For many years I fancied going to Base Camp but now the whole charade saddens me. People with tons of money paying to get others to out their lives at risk just so they can say they’ve made it to to top. The mess that the whole circus leaves behind - you can see it in those videos - is appalling. Every credit to the Sherpa carrying that climber down and risking his own life to do so.

I thought Everest was that easy to climb nowadays you could do it in shorts & flip flops

I went up Snowdon once.... and I didn't even take the train
Whatever floats your boat mate
Lord-Snowdon.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.