Mount Everest deaths

I used to like climbing but had one close call too many, the last one being a very close one. There's been at least thirty fatalities since I've been living out here, quite a few of them guides, so a no from me

Been to the base camp, it was beautiful. It was off season for Everest (November) but it was 4 weeks of pure blue sky, completely serene, zero sense of any danger.

One night there was a minor earthquake, there was a couple of guys on a nearby mountain called Ama Dablam, a chunk of ice broke off above them and wiped them out. The conditions were as perfect as could be, they did nothing wrong, just pure bad luck.

Some people are idiots. 2 separate occasions since Covid I've advised groups of tourists here that due to weather and conditions they shouldn't go anywhere fucking near Carantuohill and 2 times they've had to be rescued. After my straight up telling them I've been up that mountain more than 50 times and in conditions like that I wouldn't go fucking near it.
I struggled with Bray Head and Sugar loaf ffs

Did the Great Orme and Rivington Pike, easy. As for Everest, Jon Krakauer's book is bloody terrifying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.