Mourhino is on his way to City.....

blueparrot said:
BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
Tbh billy even dave agreed last week that the sheikh will probably have the last say.

Then I don't agree with either of you ... I just don't see what the actual point is in having two guys with the experience of business and football at the highest level , and then making a decision on who the next manager should be or whether the current incumbent should be given more time yourself. Totally pointless and counterproductive and absolutely no doubt in my mind that neither man would've taken the job if that was the case.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you ... Roman spent a good portion of 2011 trying to hire Txiki but didn't get close. I suspect because ultimately Roman decides at Chelsea and that isn't going to work for a footballing guy like Bergiristain.

True to a point but if they decided something that the owners were against then they would obviously veto. Whatever, when they make the decision hopefully we'll all accept they know what they're doing and get behind the manager whoever he is.

These people are never going to get behind Mancini even if he wins the treble every year for the next ten years thus making him the worlds best manager - which they seem to be lusting after.. They hate him with a passion.

OB1 said:
[
I don't think City are quite the same as his other businesses; although I can't see him having the time for much involvement. I do think that he will want to have a say on who manages the team, like any other supporter that watches every game; the difference being that his say counts for more than any of ours. Whether he would go against the advice of his board of directors is something that none of us can be sure about. I would hope that he won't let the club cut off its nose to spite its face and reject Jose on the grounds that he has turned us down in the past. Just as I would hope that Txiki and Ferran would not reject Mourinho just because they did so at Barca.

Sheikh Mansour doesn't strike me as a man who ignores the advice of his highly paid advisors. I guess that's the most important point for me. He might have reservations about Mourinho, fuck he might have reservations about Mancini for all we know, but ultimately Khaldoun as chairman has appointed two men he feels are the right men to oversea an enormous project (particularly if you take into account what they're doing with the Etihad Campus). Those two guys are paid for their savvy and their opinions, with Txiki in particular as he is in charge of the football side of things where it does come down to subjective views on matters.

And like I intimated at earlier ... it's funny that some people feel that sacking Mancini is wrong because "we're not like Chelsea", yet actually by saying that the Sheikh makes the call on Mancini, we are just like Chelsea. A club where key decisions are made by the benefactor rather than the professionals.

NipHolmes said:
If people want to debate then they must have the knowledge to back their point up and also put effort in. All I see is mythical points stated as fact and also people just posting inane bollocks and :) this shit.

Threads fail because of shit posts. Simple.

With respect I don't need any in depth knowledge of fuck all to come to the conclusion that I'd like to see Mancini stay another year. It's a personal opinion that has been forged by watching us over the last 3 years, and a below par season isn't going to be enough to convince me our manager should be replaced.
There is nothing mythical about our current status of champions and there was nothing mythical about our trips to wembley in recent years - considering the last time I went before the takeover was a full members cup defeat to Chelsea when I was 7 the last few have been a little more enjoyable.
I'm not arsed if people want Mourinho in, that's their own choice and as much as I disagree with it I respect it.
Being viewed as some sort of footballing Neanderthal because I'm not clamouring for Mourinho is just arrogance on your part though and all the stats in the world won't change that.

The cookie monster said:
MSP said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's the comedy of it.

If you took 1000 people from around European football; club owners, managers, international players, respected ex players, senior journalists and football analysts and asked them 'who is the more successful manager?' You would get 1000 people saying 'Mourinho'. Yet you get desperate posters on here trying to argue the opposite.

I've yet to see anyone outside of "Mancini for any cost" Blouemooners who wouldn't laugh a thought of Mancini being better one.

I'm trying to find the posters who have said mancini is better than mourinho?

You don't have the guts to say it because you know you'd look fools saying it explicitly.

It's said indirectly anytime two of them are compared as sane objective man would never even try to do it.

blueparrot said:
BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
Tbh billy even dave agreed last week that the sheikh will probably have the last say.

Then I don't agree with either of you ... I just don't see what the actual point is in having two guys with the experience of business and football at the highest level , and then making a decision on who the next manager should be or whether the current incumbent should be given more time yourself. Totally pointless and counterproductive and absolutely no doubt in my mind that neither man would've taken the job if that was the case.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you ... Roman spent a good portion of 2011 trying to hire Txiki but didn't get close. I suspect because ultimately Roman decides at Chelsea and that isn't going to work for a footballing guy like Bergiristain.

True to a point but if they decided something that the owners were against then they would obviously veto. Whatever, when they make the decision hopefully we'll all accept they know what they're doing and get behind the manager whoever he is.

Just going back to Marwood and last summer's transfer policy or lack of one. I always maintained that whatever decisions Marwood was taking must have had the backing of both Khaldoon and Mansour. I can't for the life of me believe they let Marwood have a free reign to make his own decisions. In the same manner I doubt Txik and Soriano are going to have a complete open mandate to do as they please. They would have all discussed this regularly as a business plan to go forward with and so will no doubt all be singing from the same hymn sheet. Yes they may have some leeway open to them but everything must surely be given the nod of approval behind the scenes, likewise with Marwoods decisions last summer if indeed they really were his alone.

MSP said:
The cookie monster said:
MSP said:
I've yet to see anyone outside of "Mancini for any cost" Blouemooners who wouldn't laugh a thought of Mancini being better one.

You don't have the guts to say it because you know you'd look fools saying it explicitly.

It's said indirectly anytime two of them are compared as sane objective man would never even try to do it.

Like i said if you highlight the posters to back your claim up it will be appreciated
Ta

MSP said:
The cookie monster said:
MSP said:

So what if some people prefer Mancini over Mourinho? Is it a crime to support the manager? Or is it not allowed because it doesnt agree with your views?

Pablo1 said:
Being viewed as some sort of footballing Neanderthal because I'm not clamouring for Mourinho is just arrogance on your part though and all the stats in the world won't change that.

I have to laugh at posts like this. Skim reading the last few pages there's insults flying from both sides. In fact I'd say the most pompous condescending abusive voices are the usual suspects who love to pour scorn over stupid discussions about Mancini whilst falling over themselves to get involved. Nip has done a decent job of defending himself and he may have even laid down a few shells of his own, but for you cry victim and call him arrogant is both hilarious and pretty much par for the course. :)

MSP said:
Ragnarok said:
Lets say that neither Mancini nor Mourinho win anything in the next five years, whatever club they might be at. Would Mourinho still be the worlds best?

Mancini certainly won't, Mourinho might be if someone does not beat him to it.

And there you have it. Pure bias. I have nothing more to say to you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.