Mourinho or Mancini

I remember Soriano writing in his book how they interviewed him for the Barca position and even after his powerpoint presentation there were doubts whether he was the correct man for the "check-list" they had of the ideal manager. I believe they still have the same philosophy and style of management from Barca and can't see them bringing Mourinho here.

Mourinho would suit United and United would suit him. A club full of cünts, supported by cünts, managed by a cünt replaced with a cünt. Tactics that include surrounding and hounding the ref constantly, constant diving and feigning injury, time wasting, niggling fouls all game, tactical fouls, encouraging players to volley opponents in the head, never endning moaning, poking opponent coaches in the eye, a bit more diving and then more moaning. Some football may break out at times.

Not the sort if thing I ever want at City, even if it did bring big success for a short period of time.

Caveman said:
Mourinho would suit United and United would suit him. A club full of cünts, supported by cünts, managed by a cünt replaced with a cünt. Tactics that include surrounding and hounding the ref constantly, constant diving and feigning injury, time wasting, niggling fouls all game, tactical fouls, encouraging players to volley opponents in the head, never endning moaning, poking opponent coaches in the eye, a bit more diving and then more moaning. Some football may break out at times.

Not the sort if thing I ever want at City, even if it did bring big success for a short period of time.

You can safely say he will never end up there as a direct replacement for Bacon Chops, may be the manager after the next one, but the next manager will be under the shadow of Bacon Chops,

BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
An interesting discussion that has rumbled on for 3 years and one that will - in my opinion - never be resolved because the 'Jose to City' ship sailed long ago and with the new Spanish management in place whatever hypothetically slim chance Jose ever had of pitching up at City vanished overnight.

Whether by chance or design appointing Mancini proved to be the right man at the right time because Mancini has the ability to teach teams how to win and win consistently especially teams that had long forgotten how to do so. Whatever the merits or otherwise of his tactical nous, man management abilities or whatever you can't deny that we now surprised when we don't win. Results like Reading on Saturday or WBA away with a man and a goal down we have the joyous habit of snatching a result at the death.

Mancini is a better team builder than Mourinho and uses a technical approach rather than a psychological approach and seems to based on players doing it for themselves rather than 'for the manager'. Mancini does not create an intense atmosphere with his personality where players raise their game for the manager in an almost cult like state indeed it seems to be the opposite with Mancini being cooler and more detached with little personal warmth.

Mourinho's approach works best with an established winning squad that needs raising a notch or two and there is no denying the results can be spectacular. The downside is that it seems to be a two season cycle. At Chelsea and Madrid we are seeing it hit the buffers in the 3rd season with players proving increasingly resistant to the psychological drama that is a constant state with Jose.

Whatever the merits or otherwise of each man's approach I believe the Mourinho circus is just not something the owners want at City especially if they can achieve their goals of on field success without it which so far they are doing.

Of greater relevance to Mancini is the political landscape going forward and whether the new Spanish management would want a coach they feel more comfortable with ie Spanish or whether Mancini can adapt and embrace the long term philosophy of bringing youngsters through and still maintaining on field success etc., a philosophy that Mourinho would be totally unsuited for in my opinion.

Anyway I'll stop rambling...

You've failed to take into account though the relevance of Champions League performance and how much importance our owner/board may place upon it.

Not really. I'm looking at the situation as a whole rather than applicability to any one competition. Looking at Chelsea's experience they achieved their best CL results under Grant and Di Matteo whereas the managers brought in to achieve CL success didn't get close which in effect tells you sod all in my opinion except that winning the CL is as much about luck as it is about ability.

Personally I think you have to look at the best man or men to take the club forward as a whole not fret over one competition. This is not to say Mancini may not pay the price for failing to achieve CL success and if he does pay the price I'm going to stick a wedge on Platt leading us to European glory.

The whole argument over who is the better manager between Jose or Roberto is better phrased as to who is the best manager for my club in its current stage of development and where I want it to be in the medium to long term.

Roberto I think was a better choice at the time we employed him given where we were. Right now I think Jose would give us a better shot at the CL. Looking long term I may err back towards Mancini or someone else ie Pep.

As I said you have to look at the situation as a whole and where you want to be in terms of business and football model etc. Employing a manager to win one competition once, spending a fortune to do so and then watch it implode thereafter ala Inter, is great for that brief fleeting moment but makes no sense as a sustainable model for the business or football side.

Well said Bob!

After losing to Malaga tonight 3-2 with two RSC goals, I reckon Jose will be looking for employment in the very near future. Thank God it won't be with us.

BlueAnorak said:
After losing to Malaga tonight 3-2 with two RSC goals, I reckon Jose will be looking for employment in the very near future. Thank God it won't be with us.
For losing one game? He will last the full season they have plenty to play for.

greasedupdeafguy said:
BlueAnorak said:

Not just one game. 16 points behind Barca now. Fallen out with the Spanish press, Spanish players in the team, the Madrid president and his relationship with the Madrid fans is fairly poor too.

BlueAnorak said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
BlueAnorak said:

Not just one game. 16 points behind Barca now. Fallen out with the Spanish press, Spanish players in the team, the Madrid president and his relationship with the Madrid fans is fairly poor too.
The league was over ages ago, CL and copa del ray are there priority now so even with the split in the squad I still think he will finish the season with Madrid. I don't want Mourinho here but hes getting a lot of unfair stick just because of a few bad results last year he beat the greatest club side ever imo to the title.

greasedupdeafguy said:
BlueAnorak said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

The league was over ages ago, CL and copa del ray are there priority now so even with the split in the squad I still think he will finish the season with Madrid. I don't want Mourinho here but hes getting a lot of unfair stick just because of a few bad results last year he beat the greatest club side ever imo to the title.
What do you do when the players just seem to be on holiday?

Mourinho is the psych of all psych's but it does seem that the ego's at Real have really screwed him over. He probably brings it on himself but those players should be beating the likes of Espanyol et al.

They've used Mourinhos ego against him and are now taking a break from their responsibilities.

The Future's Blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
BlueAnorak said:
What do you do when the players just seem to be on holiday?

Mourinho is the psych of all psych's but it does seem that the ego's at Real have really screwed him over. He probably brings it on himself but those players should be beating the likes of Espanyol et al.

They've used Mourinhos ego against him and are now taking a break from their responsibilities.
You could say the same thing about us we should be beating the likes of West ham and Everton. We've looked pretty poor for most of this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.