Mourinho To Spurs?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I fancy that BaconFace is going. Can't see anyone catching the Scarlet Fever, that'll make his 19 and he'll bugger off. Bet he's promised his Mrs. that if he got to 19 he'd stop.
Could well happen.
19 titles=Serious consideration
19 + CL= C Ya

He won't serve a period of notice after the previous fiasco, he'll pick a Hollywood moment then stagger into the sunset with a room full of top trophies and a squad full of up and coming talent (Hernandez, Smalling, the Terrible Twins, Cleverly, Wellbeck and more) and if and when it fails his hands are clean.
Believe me, this team will nosedive when he walks.

I haven't really got a clue where Mourinho is heading next or, indeed, if he is 100% certain to be fired from his current position with Real Madrid in 2 months time. History shows that they have shown the door to two managers in the last 8 years immediately after the winning of a league title so I suppose nothing would surprise me at Madrid.

I would have thought that he would want another crack at winning a title at the Bernabeu but would probably settle for Champions League success in a few week time before jumping ship. This looks possible but with both the Rags and Barca looking stronger, it looks less likely that it did a few months ago.

However, as far as Tottenham are concerned, I would like to dispel any suggestions that they would not have the resources to fund a Mourinho appointment. An earlier poster mentioned a pay-packet of £1m a month. I think I can safely say that this would not prove an obstacle to those who bankroll this club. It is well known in London that there is no lack of financial muscle to facilitate the arrival of Jose Mourinho, or anyone else for that matter. Suggestions to the contrary would be wide of the mark.

A lot might depend on what happens for Manchester United in the next few weeks. If, and this is a reasonably big if, they win the Premier League (almost nailed on) the FA Cup (not nailed on - but they are favourites to win it) or/and the CL, then I'm as certain as I've ever been that Baconface will move to a Directors role at the club straight away. There would then be a sense of inevitability that the so-called Special One would end up at the swamp.

Meanwhile, I'm focused on us winning a top 4 spot. If this happens then I would think Roberto Mancini will be here for the medium haul to continue to develop the squad into a truly top 6 Europewide club by 2013. With or without Mourinho our future looks set fair.

rickmcfc said:
BlueCityfan said:
Never....you know why? Do you think Spurs can afford to pay Mourinhos 12million a year wages?

NO!

Of course they can. Spurs are one if the wealthiest clubs in the country. He won't go because of his love for Chelsea. He will end up at united, Fergie will retire and mourinho will step into the job the same day. It's practically a done deal in my eyes.

Yes they are wealthy bit they are about to have to spunk 500 odd million on a new stadium so might be a tad broke for the next 15 years

Sky Bet are often aware of forthcoming managerial changes.
Their latest odds for Mourinho's next club are as follows:
Which English club will Jose Mourinho manage next?
Man Utd 11/4 Man City 11/4
Chelsea 7/2 Arsenal 5/1
Liverpool 5/1 Any Other 6/1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.