Mourinho wants Dzeko

razinho said:
forevercity said:
silva is great, but not world class.

somebody like fabregas is needed, someone who is all over the midfield, tackling, linking, creating, putting opposition under pressure etc
Eh? How is Silva not world class? I shouldn't really be biting but that is a silly statement.

-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm --

forevercity said:
silva is great, but not world class.

somebody like fabregas is needed, someone who is all over the midfield, tackling, linking, creating, putting opposition under pressure etc
Eh? How is Silva not world class? I shouldn't really be biting but that is a silly statement.

is silva one of the best 11 players in the world? if you answer no then he isnt world class, if yes, name your top 11.

he is a bit part player for spain and hasnt won much at club level, no solid bids from the genuine top clubs in world football when he was available.

xavi, iniesta, messi, ronaldo are all world class. silva isnt at their level yet, even the biggest most blinkered blues can see that

You've just described Fabregas to a 'T' there mate.

edit: 'World Class' is such an over used subjective term too. I mean you could be shit compared to your predecessors, but if you're better than the current crop does that mean you're 'world class'?

GK: Cech used to be, don't think ihe is anymore. Julio Cesar is the current flavour of the month, but beyond that, is there really anyone head and shoulders above everyone else?

RB: Maicon got ripped apart by Bale. Twice. Alves can't get into the national team because of Maicon. Sanga, Ivanovic - no where near. As with Boateng. Zanetti used to be but is getting old.

Infact just looking at defence; no one immediately jumps out. Maybe Lucio? Vidic as long as you can't run fast against him? Kompany in a couple of seasons? Terry - not anymore. Puyol and Pique must be up there, but are they tested often enough to be WC?

Midfield/Forward: Drogba, Torres, Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Tevez. I'd like to see Iniesta/Xavi out of their comfort zone to, to see if they can adapt from the exact same thing they do week in week out for club and country.

There really is a lack of WC players around imo, but there's a lot in the bracket below. The Robben's/Ribery's/Fabregas' etc

forevercity said:
razinho said:

-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm --

is silva one of the best 11 players in the world? if you answer no then he isnt world class, if yes, name your top 11.

he is a bit part player for spain and hasnt won much at club level, no solid bids from the genuine top clubs in world football when he was available.

xavi, iniesta, messi, ronaldo are all world class. silva isnt at their level yet, even the biggest most blinkered blues can see that
Fab aint world class either!
So,what you on??

where have i said fabregas is world class? i said we need someone like him.

silva is not world class, one of the best players in the world, he is a very good player with potential to be a world class player. ive seen him play very very very well so far this season, but he has been anon in some other games<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm --<br /><br />
GStar said:
You've just described Fabregas to a 'T' there mate.

edit: 'World Class' is such an over used subjective term too. I mean you could be shit compared to your predecessors, but if you're better than the current crop does that mean you're 'world class'?

GK: Cech used to be, don't think ihe is anymore. Julio Cesar is the current flavour of the month, but beyond that, is there really anyone head and shoulders above everyone else?

RB: Maicon got ripped apart by Bale. Twice. Alves can't get into the national team because of Maicon. Sanga, Ivanovic - no where near. As with Boateng. Zanetti used to be but is getting old.

Infact just looking at defence; no one immediately jumps out. Maybe Lucio? Vidic as long as you can't run fast against him? Kompany in a couple of seasons? Terry - not anymore. Puyol and Pique must be up there, but are they tested often enough to be WC?

Midfield/Forward: Drogba, Torres, Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Tevez. I'd like to see Iniesta/Xavi out of their comfort zone to, to see if they can adapt from the exact same thing they do week in week out for club and country.

There really is a lack of WC players around imo, but there's a lot in the bracket below. The Robben's/Ribery's/Fabregas' etc

i agree that world class is subjective, but to suggest that silva is world class is just stupid. can we not just have some great players? instead of shit or world class?

My opinion is that Silva could walk into most teams first 11, even Internationally, apart from Spain for obvious reasons. There are games in which Silva will go missing which happens to all players so dont see that as a reason. And your theory means that there are 11 world class players in the world? That would mean one world class goalkeeper? Disagree.

why argue over "world-class"? players are limited by the ability of the team around them. Messi for Argentina, for example....

back to Dzeko- why do we need a "target in the middle"?????

razinho said:
My opinion is that Silva could walk into most teams first 11, even Internationally, apart from Spain for obvious reasons. There are games in which Silva will go missing which happens to all players so dont see that as a reason. And your theory means that there are 11 world class players in the world? That would mean one world class goalkeeper? Disagree.

I agree with this. Every City hating commentator says he is wonderful. He is no Messi but how many of those do you get in any generation. Criticising his general play is ridiculous as he is amongst the top players in the prem. My only niggle is his lack of goals. Can we stop with the negatives and just enjoy the growing list of qualities our players are demonstrating. They may not individually be the best in the world but many of them are the best in the prem and nearly all are the best we have seen for a long long time.

Re Jose wanting Dzeko, he wanted Kolarov! Personally I dont think Dzeko wants City but hey I have been wrong before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.