Mourinho

What there are two managers named Mourinho ?

Only ask because the one at Real Madrid has said on numerous occasions he's staying at Real next season and has also said this past month after speculation about him leaving that he was ready to sign a new contract which isn't something you hear from someone who's thinking of leaving.

Some people say he did the same at Inter in his last season which he didn't,what he did was refuse to say if he was staying and not talk about going to Madrid when everyone new he was going there.
I also read that Zinedine Zidane their director of football has said the rumours on him leaving are rubbish and he's loking at staying for at the very least the next 2 years of his contract and they are looking to renew it.
So the chances of him leaving look slim indeed.
Can you also imagine what compansation Real would want for him.Knowing how the spanish clubs like to have huge buy out clauses put into contract I can see his being a silly amount,there would be buying out his contract at what something like 10 million a season then the compansation on top.

Wanting a new manager is one thing but getting in Mourinho when you read everything that he has said himself in recent press confrences and together with what Zidane said not so long ago amounts to him staying.
Not even the special one would stoop so low as to come out with all that to the worlds football press calling them as much as scum for writing about him leaving saying what was written about him leaving was total rubbish when in fact he's sat there lying himself.
I just can't see it.

Just out of interest how much would it cost to sack Mancini and buy Mourinho out of his contract? Isn't he on £11 million a year? Would it leave any money for transfers or by doing is that the end of trying to meet the ffp rules?

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
tomhawley said:
Can't believe some people are seriously suggesting MON or David Moyes.

These managers will never take the step or be able to handle the need to win every single game. Getting your players up for a big game and turning it on is one thing. Managing under no pressure whatsoever - much like Dalglish last season.

We need a manager who knows how to win trophies, can keep focus and motivation in the latter stages of a season and who can create a real team mentality with a game plan and style of play to dominate the league and Europe.

Those of us mentioning Moyes and MON are just being realistic. Obviously if we can get Mourinho he'd be 1st choice but there isn't a doubt in my mind that Moyes or MON would do a better job than Mancini. All the evidence suggests they are capable of winning trophies with a squad of our quality.

Fair enough mate and each to their own but I'd ask what evidence that is. Relative success on a budget for me doesn't equate to being able to produce at the highest level. But as I said we all have different opinions.

I think there are other more experienced managers who could offer more than either of the aforementioned, but that's just me.

blackleyed said:
Just out of interest how much would it cost to sack Mancini and buy Mourinho out of his contract? Isn't he on £11 million a year? Would it leave any money for transfers or by doing is that the end of trying to meet the ffp rules?
The cost of the contract will be costed over the years of his contract. If he costs 30 million and signs 5 year contract its 6 million each year on the books.

Moyes and O'Neill? Why don't we go the whole hog and sign the likes of Tony Hibbert and Lee Cattermole?

They are managers who thrive on producing battling teams who occasionally beat one or two of the top teams.

Firstly, Mourinho was in an interview with Sky last year and they asked him about coming back to England, and he said that he still loves the PL, but Chelsea is in his heart and he wouldn't like to go against them. I think he will go back to them over us.

Secondly, he is a flash in the pan type of manager. Comes in and sets off the best firework display ever and then he slips off with the cheers ringing in his ear. He doesn't care about the legacy he leaves behind. Ageing squads, debts etc.. He leaves before any re-building is required.

Problem is the "special one" is doing a Mancini. Madrid are only 4 points clear now with a visit to the Camp Nou looming.

Just 4 points ahead of Barcelona now after 31 games played with Atl Madrid away and Barca away still to come. Superior goal difference though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.