Move The Manc Derby

Gary,

I think if we sang at all it must raise the players' belief. In the first half last night there was so little singing/chanting/cheering it was laughable.

We need to be the 12th man in every match from now on and we need to get behind the team for every minute. The chemist shops that are open close to where City fans live need to be running out of laryngitis lozenges after every City match until the end of the season!!!

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY. We can do it.

Eccles Blue said:
Gary,

I think if we sang at all it must raise the players' belief. In the first half last night there was so little singing/chanting/cheering it was laughable.

We need to be the 12th man in every match from now on and we need to get behind the team for every minute. The chemist shops that are open close to where City fans live need to be running out of laryngitis lozenges after every City match until the end of the season!!!

Spot on every other group of fans is treating a match against us like a cup final. So we need to start treating matches like they're cup finals to give the whole team a lift.

It should be switched to the Sunday....can't see it happening, 1/2 of GMP have been offered the overtime to work the Monday night!

Gary James said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
If the last 2 performances are anything to go by Gary then the derby will be irrelevent because we'll be about 9 points behind come then.

If that back four plays against both Chelsea and Stoke then they are going to have a field day!!

It's the 2nd half transformation that gives me hope. I agree about 1st half and recent games, but sometimes it takes a low point to bring out the real spirit. Mancini & the players must now have the belief and passion they demonstrated once the tactical switches had been made.

If City play like the first half.... at least we've enough points to avoid relegation. But the 2nd half was the same spirit and attacking mentality that gave us such an impressive first half of the season. If that's back for the rest of the season, we'll win the title.

If we win every game we've won the title by at least 2 points - that should be the aim.

-- Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:28 am --

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Would a 17.30 kick off work?
They have a Div 1 game scheduled (though they've not decided which).

The second half performance would be enough to beat most of the teams coming up & had we played the same v Swansea, WBA, Sunderland etc, the title would be a cruise from now on as we'd be 8 points better off.

Very encouraging.

I hope we don't move the derby back as I've now made other arrangements for that day & will have to work !

Gary James said:
As neither side has a European excuse I think it's time we tried to get the Manchester derby moved back to Saturday 28th April.

In my eyes there's now no reason why it can't be played on that date.

Surely there are serious concerns about playing it on the Monday night?

Not that it'll make a difference but I've commented on it on my Twitter @garyjameswriter and included #movethemancderby - I don't know how these things work but perhaps we should all try to get this trending.

Okay, twitter bit over.

Thinking positively... I am convinced that last night's 2nd half transformation proves we can still do it. I believe again. Much better to end a game in that way than vice versa.

I do think the singing of "We never win at home & we never win away..." actually helped lift spirits a bit and maybe, just maybe, some of that was felt by the players as well.

I am very hopeful that the next few weeks will swing back in our favour. Time for us all to ignore the worries (we may add to them) and focus on the positives. C'mon City!

great post, i too think that after that second half we are back to playing the right way again.

Great idea to try and get it moved. Hate Monday night games, always feel knackered.

Challenger1978 said:
Eccles Blue said:
Gary,

Spot on every other group of fans is treating a match against us like a cup final. So we need to start treating matches like they're cup finals to give the whole team a lift.

Every game from now on IS a Cup Final. We must assume that the Rags are unlikely to drop any points until they play us. If we drop any further points we will almost certainly be out of it.
Play to win every game. It's the only way from now on.

Alex the Blue said:
KO times for derby games at week-ends are usually early on police advice/instructions to prevent some supporters from getting bladdered beforehand. I'd love to see it played on the Saturday but can't see it happening.
And there is no time to get bladdered at 8pm on a Monday night .GMP the brains of britain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.