Move The Manc Derby

I may be the only one but I look forward to a Monday night derby. I'm taking the day off and going on the piss. I can't fucking wait and a night atmosphere will just add to it.

As for GMP - the police obviously think it's safer to have the derby then as there is a decent chance on team may clinch the league in that game and don't want 40,000 pissed (off?) fans roaming around the City centre all afternoon and then evening. Atleast a late kick off loaclises any trouble to around the ground where they can contain it.

Greetings Mr. James! (Sean here btw, please can you email me on my usual address I need to check something with you, cheers).

Ref the Monday Night fixture, I have this usual fixation with when do we do best against the opposition, and in the case of playing them, the only night games I can remember playing at home (LC 76 and Carling Cup season before last) resulted in City victories (the 0-0 draw at Maine Road in '74 was just a month before City baptism for the Law BH derby). So far that alone, I will cling to the hope it will work once again..........(sad I know but there you go!) ctwd.

cyberblue said:
Alex the Blue said:
KO times for derby games at week-ends are usually early on police advice/instructions to prevent some supporters from getting bladdered beforehand. I'd love to see it played on the Saturday but can't see it happening.
And there is no time to get bladdered at 8pm on a Monday night .GMP the brains of britain
I'd normally agree with your low opinion of GMP but my assumption is they reckon it's better to have a late finish as most trouble occurs AFTER the game not before.

Most people will be at work on the Monday therefore have relatively little time to get bladdered. Afterwards there may be a little trouble but you won't get large groups congregating in town, as you would do on a Saturday or Sunday evening.

Won't happen now sky have it pencilled in as "The biggest MNF match for years".

awaydayblue said:
Greetings Mr. James! (Sean here btw, please can you email me on my usual address I need to check something with you, cheers).

Ref the Monday Night fixture, I have this usual fixation with when do we do best against the opposition, and in the case of playing them, the only night games I can remember playing at home (LC 76 and Carling Cup season before last) resulted in City victories (the 0-0 draw at Maine Road in '74 was just a month before City baptism for the Law BH derby). So far that alone, I will cling to the hope it will work once again..........(sad I know but there you go!) ctwd.

Not certain I've got your email address - PM me and I'll come back.

On night matches... LC 76 agree but also V bad night because of Bell's injury.

I'm one of the people who are looking forward to a Monday night derby... Day booked off work to get out on the piss and booked off the day after so the celebrations can go on into the early hours!!

cleavers said:
Can we please leave it on Monday night now, its far too late for some of us to change plans having arranged to be off work to go to the game. Bad enough it being moved once, lets not make it worse.

This

Some of us waited for the date to be confirmed then spent 800 quid on a flight arriving Saturday. No campaigns please (unless it comes with a whip-round for me)

;-)

I shall have to take two days off for this.

I think, starting from next season, all premier fixtures should be scheduled for Monday to Friday nights. That would leave Saturday and Sunday's free for TV.
So, if we get a situation like the Monday Etihad Derby, it can be moved back to a Saturday or Sunday KO!

Simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.