Moved house. No Sky or terrestrial tv. Any work-arounds?

Mikeegrini said:
Does yer mobile deal have all you can use data?

I don't think so but even then, it's only 3G.
Trying to stream tv on 3G would be horrible.

BT can't install the broadband for 2 weeks!!

Mikeegrini said:
HolisticJim said:
Mikeegrini said:

Hmm, in that case, how about a dongle?

My thoughts too. I have a work dongle but don't want to take the piss and hammer it.
I kinda just hoped there might be an engineers code to give me access to the planner or somert.

HolisticJim said:
Mikeegrini said:

They'll send a self install kit next day if you'd be ok with that , expecting it tomorrow so I have no idea how easy it is to do.

HolisticJim said:
Mikeegrini said:
HolisticJim said:

Hmm, in that case, how about a dongle?

My thoughts too. I have a work dongle but don't want to take the piss and hammer it.
I kinda just hoped there might be an engineers code to give me access to the planner or somert.

has your telly got freeview installed? dunno if this will help you. i got sidetracked.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzogNlHBgg0[/youtube]

stonerblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Read a few books!

Have you tried an external aerial?

first thing i'd do. Get em for £4 . straight in the back of the telly. maybe change some settings. can't see why not

No external arial but I'm assuming you mean internal. Didn't think of that. Do they still work nowadays? Thought you only got digital signals now?

And yeah, been reading the Kingkiller Chronicles. Awesome books.

One cotton picking second, we can't have HJ having to talk to his wife. She'll find him a ton of jobs to do, no, we must plan together and solve this major sanity dilemma for Jim.

Jim a simple solution would be divorce but that is a costly venture, may I suggest you download the "sky go" app on your laptop (I say laptop as it's memory and hook up ability to tv is simples) and make your way to a free wifi spot and just download shit.

Otherwise you could drop some form of sleeper into your Mrs tea at night......best of luck Jim.......my work is done here!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 am --<br /><br />
HolisticJim said:
stonerblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Read a few books!

Have you tried an external aerial?

first thing i'd do. Get em for £4 . straight in the back of the telly. maybe change some settings. can't see why not

No external arial but I'm assuming you mean internal. Didn't think of that. Do they still work nowadays? Thought you only got digital signals now?

And yeah, been reading the Kingkiller Chronicles. Awesome books.

Yes, if you get one with a booster on, but very much doubt you'd get sky on them.

Now don't bother me again....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.