Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

What does everyone think of the current cinema experience?

Went to the Vue at the rock in Bury at the weekend to watch escape room, not a classic but my sort of film.

Noticed with the prices coming down that the place was a lot busier than I remember it, for a film that wasn't 'brand new'. Looks like they're trying to make the experience better for people as well; security now there to instantly kick out anyone mis-behaving. Quite enjoyed it and at a £5 a pop i'll be going more often.
Not been to the pictures in a while, went to Parrswood a few months ago and it was much the same. Scandalous prices on food and beverages. One of my local picture houses that i used to go to as a kid, The Savoy in Heaton Moor, has been done up and reopened into a classic style picture house with more comfort, i might give that a go. I've also heard The Light cinema in Stockport is actually pretty good but not had a chance to go myself.

Switched to Odeon limitless and use the one at Rochdale, seems ok but I go in the afternoon only, so less knobheads and usually peo0le who come for the film. It’s only £5 a time now which seems very reasonable maybe trying to pull people in, I still don’t buy any food or anything as it’s still a rip off.

What does everyone think of the current cinema experience?

Went to the Vue at the rock in Bury at the weekend to watch escape room, not a classic but my sort of film.

Noticed with the prices coming down that the place was a lot busier than I remember it, for a film that wasn't 'brand new'. Looks like they're trying to make the experience better for people as well; security now there to instantly kick out anyone mis-behaving. Quite enjoyed it and at a £5 a pop i'll be going more often.
I very rarely go, if i download a film i find excellent i stick a few extra quid to dogs trust. I go to the Everyman in Leeds when i do. It is very very nice and i have not suffered this hassle of fuckers never shutting up there many seem to.

screen-3.jpg

Nice and comfy inside. Food is laughable though, they have some shitty artisan pizza which is basically a dough with fuck all on top and passed off as authentic, 6 quid for that thanks. One poor sap who forked out for a slice! Their face was a fucking picture, they were thinking what i was but they had just lost 6 quid on it. The bar is shit hot though, i got a kryptonite cocktail that visit, well 5 actually for Man of Steel. I like that, they had devised a cocktail for the months big release. Some fucker had a beef stroganoff brought to them mid film, smelled great, probably cost him a second mortgage.

tl;dr not cheap but pretty damn nice with a good cocktail bar.

I'll post here since the trailer thread is getting a bit clogged up with comments...

Oh yeah something could be vital but nothing stands out to much as a "thats going to be very important" that i can think of in CM but it certainly could.

As @urban genie say's it is better safe than sorry, best to watch it on the off chance.

I'll post here since the trailer thread is getting a bit clogged up with comments...

Oh yeah something could be vital but nothing stands out to much as a "thats going to be very important" that i can think of in CM but it certainly could.

As @urban genie say's it is better safe than sorry, best to watch it on the off chance.

Is it Goose? ;-)

On captain Marvel @TCIB the shift in the Skrulls storyline from the marvel comic was not expected, but I did think it worked well

Last edited:
On captain Marvel @TCIB the shift in the Skrulls storyline from the marvel comic was not expected, but I did think it worked well
I went to see this with my son. It's was my 2nd Marvel movie ( not my cup of tea tbh) but I did enjoy Captain Marvel. Drinking cider and watching the lead actress did help the matter tbf.

I very rarely go, if i download a film i find excellent i stick a few extra quid to dogs trust. I go to the Everyman in Leeds when i do. It is very very nice and i have not suffered this hassle of fuckers never shutting up there many seem to.

screen-3.jpg

Nice and comfy inside. Food is laughable though, they have some shitty artisan pizza which is basically a dough with fuck all on top and passed off as authentic, 6 quid for that thanks. One poor sap who forked out for a slice! Their face was a fucking picture, they were thinking what i was but they had just lost 6 quid on it. The bar is shit hot though, i got a kryptonite cocktail that visit, well 5 actually for Man of Steel. I like that, they had devised a cocktail for the months big release. Some fucker had a beef stroganoff brought to them mid film, smelled great, probably cost him a second mortgage.

tl;dr not cheap but pretty damn nice with a good cocktail bar.
Looks great.
Does it have IMAX or a normal screen? I should imagine it’s quite cosy with a smaller screen.

Went to one in Baker Street some years back and actually thought about investing in one up here it was so good.
Much better than your bog standard multiplex.
Drinks at your seat, an intermission to get more, good food and novelty cakes as it was Harry Potter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.